6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2009 4:43 AM by AngelaKane

How do I make a video to loop endlesly?

jana_st
      Hello everyone,

I have a little video that is supposed to be an endless loop.
      I embeded it into a web site as a swf, it streams and than stops at the end.
      I just read there is a action script to make it loop.
      Anyone can help?
      I'm new to this, so please take it easy on me.

Thanks
      Jana
        • 1. Re: How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
          clbeech Level 3
          is this a swf file? or and FLV file being played using the FLVPlayback Component?

an swf file 'loop' by default unless you add a 'stop()' action to it. But you mention 'streaming' so that would lead me to believe you're using a Playback Component, in that case you can use a Listener and the 'complete' handler for the FLV Component.
          • 2. Re: How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
            jana_st Level 1
            Well, I have both swf and flv files.
            I took the video, imported it into Flash and got those 2 files (swf, flv). Than I embeded the swf into the web site and uploaded both files.
            You can check it out at www.websitesboutique.com.
            The video starts playing (not very smoothly - do I need to get the quality down?), and then it stops. It doesn't loop, but I don't have any stop(); in the time line.

Or is there any other way how to do it?

Thanks for any help
            Jana
            • 3. How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
              clbeech Level 3
              ok, so you have a FLV file. but it's embedded on the timeline, right? try making a new document (same size) open the Components panel, drag an instance of the FLVPlayback component onto the stage, place it at 0,0 and in the properties panel give in the instance name 'myFLV'. then in the parameters panel, (with the component selected) enter the FLV file name (or path to the file if not in the same directory) in the 'contentPath' parameter, change the 'skin' parameter to 'none', make sure autoPlay, and autoRewind are set to true.

then create a new layer named actions, and on the first frame, type the following:
              • 4. Re: How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
                jana_st Level 1
                It works!!!

Thank you sooo much!
                Jana
                • 5. Re: How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
                  clbeech Level 3
                  you're welcome :)
                  • 6. Re: How do I make a video to loop endlesly?
                    AngelaKane

clbeech wrote:

is this a swf file? or and FLV file being played using the FLVPlayback Component?

an swf file 'loop' by default unless you add a 'stop()' action to it. But you mention 'streaming' so that would lead me to believe you're using a Playback Component, in that case you can use a Listener and the 'complete' handler for the FLV Component.

I am also trying to get my swf to loop.

Yes I am using the option to Load External Video with playback component but with playback component set to none.  I don't know much Action Script but am learning as I appreciate how powerful it is.

Would you or anyone be kind enough to show me the code?  I got this code (which I am grateful for but can't now find the post) from an older post but can't get it to work - reports error 1046 in line 2

myVideo.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE,doLoop);

function doLoop(evt:VideoEvent):void {

evt.currentTarget.play();

and should the action be added to the same frame as the video or another layer?

Grateful thanks to anyone who can help me out as I have spent ages trying to find the answer myself.

Angela