4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2008 1:56 PM by Newsgroup_User

shockwave linked cast one folder up tree?!

Patch
      I guess I am **** something daft, but I can't figure out what!

I am attempting to create a shockwave product, with external linked casts.

When I create the shockwave file and test it locally all is fine. The dcr and ccr file are in the same folder, and everything works.

But when i publish it to a server, the cct file is not found. The only way the dcr file finds the cct file is if I put the cct file one level up the folder tree, so

folder1 contains cast.cct and folder2
      folder2 contains movie.dcr

I have tried starting from scratch with a new movie, and modifying old ones, and keep getting the same problem.

Any ideas would really help.

Thanks

Patch
        • 1. Re: shockwave linked cast one folder up tree?!
          Level 7
          Hello Patch,

You may need to copy your project folder into a folder called "dswmedia".
          Then save and make the dcr's. Just look up dswmedia.

Timm

"Patch" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:fqrq2v$qnf$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          >I guess I am **** something daft, but I can't figure out what!
          >
          > I am attempting to create a shockwave product, with external linked casts.
          >
          > When I create the shockwave file and test it locally all is fine. The dcr
          > and
          > ccr file are in the same folder, and everything works.
          >
          > But when i publish it to a server, the cct file is not found. The only way
          > the
          > dcr file finds the cct file is if I put the cct file one level up the
          > folder
          > tree, so
          >
          > folder1 contains cast.cct and folder2
          > folder2 contains movie.dcr
          >
          > I have tried starting from scratch with a new movie, and modifying old
          > ones,
          > and keep getting the same problem.
          >
          > Any ideas would really help.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Patch
          >

• 2. Re: shockwave linked cast one folder up tree?!
            Patch Level 1
            Thanks for the suggestion Timm.

I had already set up a dswmedia folder, and all my project files are in that folder on the local machine. And indeed when I launch the shockwave file on the local machine it works fine.

However the problem comes when I am uploading the files to the remote server.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am really frustrated by this.

I have tried renaming the cst files, reopening the dir movie to force the movie to reattach the external casts, but it still does not work.

I really don't know what is going on... but have not ruled out a simple error on my part, so please feel free to suggest some really obvious things to try!

Many thanks

Patch
            • 3. Re: shockwave linked cast one folder up tree?!
              Patch Level 1
              OK, I have now got this working, so thought I would mention what I did in case it will help anyone else.

I am authoring on a windows xp machine, and the whole project was in a folder in my My Documents folder, and several subfolders further in.

I have now created a new folder in the root of my harddrive (C:\directorproj\dswmedia\client\stages) and copied the entire project into this folder.

Not sure why this has worked, but it has. So I share this incase it helps anyone else.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Patch
              • 4. Re: shockwave linked cast one folder up tree?!
                Level 7
                Awesome! Good work figuring it out!

Timm