2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2008 4:20 PM by Newsgroup_User

Website Navigation Menu Question

msdowns
      Hey,
      I'm trying to make a menu bar for a website where the text changes color and gets bigger (bold maybe) on rollover. An example I've found is: http://www.globalathletics.com/index.php. I really like the look of that one. I know how to change the color using the tint in a symbol or movie object, but how can I change the text size or bold it?? Does that make sense?

Also, I really like the look of the little arrows things. Anybody know how they did that?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
        • 1. Re: Website Navigation Menu Question
          msdowns Level 1
          Can anybody help?
          • 2. Re: Website Navigation Menu Question
            Level 7
            msdowns wrote:
            > Hey,
            > I'm trying to make a menu bar for a website where the text changes color and
            > gets bigger (bold maybe) on rollover. An example I've found is:
            > http://www.globalathletics.com/index.php. I really like the look of that one.
            > I know how to change the color using the tint in a symbol or movie object, but
            > how can I change the text size or bold it?? Does that make sense?

If you don't mind sudden jump then use simple button and place your bold text and
            different color in the OVER state of the button.

Otherwise you simply make movie clip with some tween and cross fade from regular to
            bold font and use the button handlers to control its timeline on rollover and rollout.

The text in the link above seem like simply enlarged on roll over, not bold, so in
            such case just motion tween will do.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--
            "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>