• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

K100% printing

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to print with 100% (black) without any contamination of CMY on HP Color laser Printer CP-5225dn. I shall be glad if anybody will teach me how to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Is this a question relating to Photoshop? I suspect it is but could you confirm, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file was to be printed in offset lithography and you planned to submit a CMYK file   (a choice I do not recommend without consulting the lithographer), you could choose Edit > Color Settings > click on CMYK. and when that opens, choose Custom CMYK... and in that menu choose GCR, Maximum. Note the Gray Ramp curve.

max.png

But you are feeding in an RGB file. In that case, you would have to consult the printer manufacturer regarding ways to modify his conversion to CMYK software (which may or may not reference the Photoshop CMYK settings) for the adjustments they recommend.

Also consider, using your printer in its current fashion, the additional color inks in the deep black areas help size the sheet so that the ink sits on top of the sheet a bit more rather than being absorbed into it, producing a darker black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are planning to print to a color laser, Rich Black (sometimes called Photoshop black) would be the better option:

Photoshop 101: True Black (CMYK)

I know inkjet printers are RGB-aware even if they have CMYK cartridges. If you are working in Illustrator, you are encouraged to export the CMYK .ai file as RGB if you are taking it in to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines