• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Send comments to suspend_data

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously got this working on a different LMS however I am now using Cornerstone On Demand and am limited by what SCORM values I can use in reports. Previously I had sent a custom text variable containing user feedback from within the module, this went to the cmi.comments field which could then be pulled off and analysed in a report.

Instead I am left now with only the suspend_data option. I am currently trying to use javascript like this to pass the variable -

SCORM_CallLMSSetValue("cmi.suspend_data","/"+window.cpAPIInterface.getVariableValue("Feedback_Comments"));

In this example "Feedback_Comments" is the name of the variable.

This exact code worked with cmi.comments but doesn't work with suspend_data, am I missing something obvious? Or is it not possible to pass variables to suspend_data in the same way?

Thanks in advance,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not going to want to do that.

Captivate stores everything about the lesson in the suspend_data. You custom variables will be in the suspend_data, you'll just need to parse through all of the gibberish to find it.

If you write the suspend_data, with that script, you'll overwrite what Captivate is doing, or every slide it will overwrite what you are doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cornerstone will only record data from a SCORM file if it has a correct answer. It's an unfortunate aspect of their system, but it's how it functions. So even if you were able to get something stored inside the suspend data, you would never be able to run a report to pull it out because CSOD wouldn't store it anywhere that you could run a report on it. Any data like that which you would want to report on has to be connected to an object ID and CSOD only stores things that are graded which have a "correct" answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right that through an admin interface you can only see the Interaction Data, but when you say that it will only record data if it has a correct answer cannot be correct. If the LMS is SCORM  compliant you can right data to any data set. If you couldn't bookmarking would not work. You may not have a way of seeing the data in the interface, but it's there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see how my comment about correct answers is misleading due to how it's worded. What I should have said is that Cornerstone will only record what users have entered in things like a Text Entry Box is if the Text Entry Box has a "correct" answer to validate against what the user has entered. I didn’t intend to imply that the system will only record a user’s correct responses. Even if you could pass the variable to the cmi.comments field Cornerstone doesn't give you access to it in their reporting system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to believe they won't let you see comments. That's what they are there for, especially in 2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's a lot of things that Cornerstone does that isn't helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources