• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Export Artboards in Illustrator CS6

Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Illustrator for many years, but I seem to have come upon a strange glitch that I can't resolve. I'm using Illustrator CS 6 on an iMac running OSX Sierra. Everything was working as always until this morning when I became unable to select individual artboards when exporting to JPEG.

The artboards show up in the .ai file and are fully editable, but as soon as I go to export into any file format, any options related to artboards are greyed out. The same happens in the Save As window. This happens regardless of how many artboards are in the file or how large they are.

Am I missing something primitive? Is there an option I may have accidentally selected? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the midst of a large graphic design project and I've never encountered anything like this in over a decade working with Illustrator.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

In some cases the "options" button re-appeared when people made the export dialog box smaller (drag on the bottom right corner to make it smaller). You could at least give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be an "options" button in the Save as dialog box.

But if it's not there: CS6 is not fully ompatible with Sierra. You just shouldn't have updated the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Katherine,

Sorry to hear about this. Monika is right, CS6 is not compatible with the latest operating systems. Any attempts to troubleshoot the install could result in it becoming unusable. You can try resetting preferences for Illustrator (How to set preferences in Illustrator) after creating a backup of preferences folders. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you for your replies. I heard about  the compatibility issues and I did not update my system. It's a new computer and it came with Sierra. I installed the version of Illustrator I had (CS6) and have been using it on Sierra with no issues for more than a year. This is the first time this problem has come up, and I haven't changed anything. That's why I'm puzzled by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot of the dialog box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here it is:

Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 12.56.21 PM.png

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some cases the "options" button re-appeared when people made the export dialog box smaller (drag on the bottom right corner to make it smaller). You could at least give this a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I can't believe that actually worked. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that you got it to work.

Thank you for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines