Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing an Adobe Acrobat Trial version to use in a class

Contributor ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Every year I teach an Adobe Acrobat Pro introduction class .... the students dont have Acrobat Pro and only need to use it in class to do hands-on practice

Previously I received the below instructions on how they can install a trial by installing the cc desktop app.I dont believe it required students to submit a credit card

Can you please tell me if the links and instructions below are still ok for current class before I send below out to the class?   thank you very much!!

Craig

==============

everyone will need an internet connection when installing acrobat dc.  ie, install at home (or starbucks etc) or supply an internet connection at your workshop.

they can start a free trial, by installing the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and using it to install acrobat dc.

but they should not allow this app to 'update' any of their perpetually licensed adobe programs.  and if they have an older acrobat version on their computer they should explicitly take steps to prevent its removal (Creative Cloud Delivering More Choice for Installations | Adobe Customer Care Team ) when installing acrobat dc trial.

when they finish using the acrobat dc trial, they should remove it by:

uninstall everything cc (eg, acrobat dc) including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean their computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

for users that already have a cc subscription that includes the suite, they can use their cc desktop app to install acrobat dc (if it's not already installed) using their app.

for users that have a subscription on another computer, no problem: install the cc desktop app on the computer they bring to your workshop and use it to install acrobat. (they can install their subscription on an unlimited number of internet connected computers.

for users that had a subscription/trial that's expired, they cannot use the same computer to restart another trial.  ie, if they had a trail on computer A and they bring that computer to your workshop, there's nothing (other than reformatting their hd) they can do to restart another trial.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

I agree with TSN (I also don't work for Adobe and am not a lawyer) that the way you're using the free trial is a bit problematic.

You should ask your institution to purchase a volume license which the students can then use. Adobe offers substantial discounts to educational purposes, both for the facilities themselves and to their students. Either that or include a one-month subscription of Acrobat DC with the course requirements. It's only about $20 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free trials are not designed for classrooms. This is virtually an abuse of them In my opinion ( I don't speak or

work for Adobe). This might be exactly  why Adobe switched from “7 days free” to “credit card, seven days free if you cancel in time”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with TSN (I also don't work for Adobe and am not a lawyer) that the way you're using the free trial is a bit problematic.

You should ask your institution to purchase a volume license which the students can then use. Adobe offers substantial discounts to educational purposes, both for the facilities themselves and to their students. Either that or include a one-month subscription of Acrobat DC with the course requirements. It's only about $20 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your responses to my post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines