• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Styles Not Applying & More

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having some strange behaviors with Illustrator.

I recently purchased a brand new Macbook Pro, it's been updated to the latest software with the latest CC updates.

I can open a file and begin workflow like normal, but within a few clicks I run into some huge workflow issues:

The first is Illustrator does not apply character styles to an item that is highlighted. I will change the font size, or weight and nothing will happen. I click off and click back on the item, and then try to style it only to see another item changing nearby?

Sometimes the styles will apply, but they will only apply to half the text box, instead of all of it.

While this is happening, my bounding box continuously disappears. I have to use the shortkey to bring it back, and sometimes it won't come back unless I restart Illustrator. There is no way I'm accidentally hitting the shortkey as I'm changing font sizes and colors and possibly scaling the items. No other keys are being pushed when this is happening.

Lastly, sometimes styles I update (font size, color, weight, style) will revert to two or three options prior, after a failed attempt to change the style.

All of these things have been happening for a few days, and making it nearly impossible to use Illustrator.

Does anyone know what would be causing these glitches?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that you are working with a new machine and a fresh installation of Illustrator but you might want to try resetting your preferences.

How to set preferences in Illustrator

"Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were reset multiple times in the process of figuring out the debugging of this issue. It just bugs out for no reason with no explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are extremely sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Exact version of MAC OS
  • Version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document(s)/asset(s)? If yes, can you please share the document(s)/asset(s) with us?
  • Is the same thing happening with other applications or its just Illustrator which is problematic?
  • Please check how it works on Root account (How to enable the root user on your Mac or change your root password - Apple Support ) with a new file?
  • Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Mac System: macOS Mojave 10.14.3 (18D109)

Illustrator: Latest Version of CC

This issue is not specific to a document, but to brand new and old documents.

I have tried starting over in a new file to no avail as well.

It seems to just be Illustrator that this is happening within. I've had no issues in Photoshop or InDesign to date.

I have also tried working from my desktop, and working from a cloud storage system, and in both instances it has the same issue and provides the same glitching.

Today, it actually fully crashed Illustrator.

The same thing happens in the root account, this is not specific to an account, it is specific to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. Please try resetting Illustrator preferences: How to set preferences in Illustrator.

Resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

If that does not help, please uninstall Illustrator with cleaner tool: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Remove all the Illustrator folders from below mentioned locations:

• Finder > Application
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences

Reinstall Illustrator from CC desktop app: Learn how to download your Adobe Creative Cloud apps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you missed the part where I said I already did that?

This is quite irritating and still happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

As you have already tried all the steps shared above, I would request if you can reach us at www.adobe.com for a live troubleshooting session. In case you need any help initiating chat please refer to this link: How to initiate chat with Adobe Support?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines