• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with Wrap Text in the chm file

Mar 11, 2008 Mar 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I made an HTML project with the robhelp and generate it to chm file .
The text in the chm frame are not wrap accordantly to the frame size, and some of the text are (the last words in each line) hidden.

mabe some one here can help me on this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set your frames to be a percentage of the total frameset size? If your text is in a table, it is also worth checking that the columns are also set to a percentage value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
First thanks for your quick answer.
how can I set my frames to be a percentage of the total frameset size?
The text that i am talking about is not in any frame or table its a simple text.
Can i send you an email with the print screen of the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2008 Mar 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the example you sent me it does not appear that the text is in a table and the "frame" you mention is just the section of the CHM file window and is not part of a frameset. Can you tell us how the text was entered? What style has been applied? Also is it just the one topic that has this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,
I am sorry for the missing information, and my wrong description of the problem.
I will start again with fully description of the all scenario.
I started new project by importing words documents into RoboHelp Html format.

When I generate the project to chm file I saw that the text style all over the project isn’t wrap accordantly to the size of the frame.

The text with the wrapping problem is in "Times New Roman" font

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever the problem, it's likely due to how those paragraphs were formatted in Word. The RH conversion usually only reflects what was done there.

Are you comfortable inspecting the underlying HTML code (the RH TrueCode tab)? I think you'd find some type of SPAN tag or STYLE attribute that is determining an absolute paragraph width.

Otherwise, you could try this experiment:

1. Strip the base Word doc to a moderate size, but which includes at least one of these non-wrapping paragraphs.
2. Select All and press Ctrl+spacebar (this removes all formatting from the selected text).
3. Import that Word doc to RH and see how it looks now.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Thanks all for your help.
in continue to Colum advise i changed the style.css file and its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2008 Mar 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad it finally worked Maya. As Leon said in his Forum post, this was almost certainly caused by the Word file you imported. You may want to check out the following link for further advise about importing Word documents:

Click here

This outlines the problem where Word imposes inline styles that override your style sheet. It also outlines methods for importing word documents to reduce any potential problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp