Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Simple Actions" & "control a slideshow"

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a new user. I am creating a course where the learner needs to click on a button that opens up a new window (they are supposed to read/watch something).

Unfortunately, this action doesn't stop the slideshow, which has progressed many slides before the learner returns to the actual course page she started from.

How can I pause the slideshow when the user uses such a button? Could a combination of actions resolve this?

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you uncheck the "Continue playing the project" checkbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, have to correct your title, because you seem not to use an 'advanced action' but a simple action.

I strongly recommend reading my blogs about the Timeline, because understanding that feature of Captivate is top Priority for each newbie. Have a look at one of them:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Other stumbling blocks in:

Challenges for Starters - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the quick and helpful answer!

btw. I started following you on the Captivate community on the elearning website (which is another forum and is getting kinda confusing... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your confusion. Will try to explain:

1. Adobe forums (sometimes indicated as Jive forums) exist since eons. There are forums for every Adobe application, including Adobe Captivate. On those forums I do have moderator rights. That is why I was able to correct the title of your question because it was misleading. If you had used an advanced action, by default the playhead would have paused automatically. It is only for simple actions that you need to activate pausing.
    Moderation in these forums are done by ACP's and MVP's. Quite a lot of them, spread all over the world. For that reason moderation never takes long. It is also multilingual, some languages have even a dedicated forum. I answer questions in English, Dutch and French, but understand some more languages.
  2. eLearning community or portal was created a couple of years ago as a meeting place for eLearning. You find lot of tutorials there, and have also to possibility of posting questions. However, not that many 'experts' are answering questions in this meeting place. Several reasons, but I will not expand on that. Moderation is done only by staff members, which means it can take more time. Moreover at this moment it seems to be almost exclusively in English.  I feel also guilty about that, because English is not my mother tongue at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources