• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Cast When Printing

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a MacBook Pro with the last OS (Mojave 10.14.3). I subscribe to the Adobe Photography Package and am up to date. My printer is a Canon Pixma Pro 100. It was able to print beautifully. Something has changed. Prints from either LR or PS all have a magenta color cast when using the ICC profiles. If I have the printer manage the colors, the colors are accurate but the print looks a little soft. I prefer to print from LR but don't want the color cast, is there any solutions for this?? Thanks for any help. !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you are describing is usually caused when both Lightroom AND the printer are managing the color. You need to ensure that color management is NOT enabled in the printer driver if you want Lightroom to manage the color. Do you know how to turn off color management in the printer driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response but with a Mac the printer driver isn't enabled. Windows machines can experience the conflict but it shouldn't happen with a Mac. I tried using different iccs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing a color reference image like this for testing:

http://www.digitaldog.net/files/2014PrinterTestFileFlat.tif.zip

Start totally from scratch by setting up the print driver and color management in LR, rather than any print template for testing. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So lets go thru some steps

1. Obviously you selected the Print Module, and selected an image from the filmstrip.

2. OVer on the lower right, you went into the Color Management panel, and selected "Other"???

3. A screen pops up, you select the profile you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines