• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I spent the last 6 hours with a tech person and they made it so can't access LR

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent the last 6 hours with a tech person trying to get  help transferring my images from an old computer to a new computer.  I gave him full remote access to both computers.  He then proceeded to do god knows what to my computers because now I can't access LR on either my old computer or my new computer.  When I asked for his supervisor he said there wasn't one and then told me his shift was over and left.  I've tried to start a new conversation 45 minutes ago and so far no one has answered me.  So right now I'm SOL and can't use LR or any other adobe products.  Any idea how I can get the escalated from my end to fix the problem. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about your problem Jeffrey.

I presume you are trying to move images used in Lightroom to another computer, but its not clear from your post above.

Can you confirm that is where the issue may have started?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean exactly by "can't access LR"? Describe in detail.

What exactly happens? Describe in detail.

If there are any error messages, please quote them word-for-word.

Also state your  version NUMBER of Lightroom and the version NUMBER of your operating system. Do not use words like "latest" or "up-to-date", we need version NUMBERs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has “mostly” been fixed, but only spending 10+ hours over the weekend with techs.

I run Windows 10 on my new computer and Windows 7 on my old computer. After being online with the first tech for about 6 hours he completely messed up LR classic on both machines, said his shift was over and left. After another 45 minute deals I started a conversation after tech and demanded to speak to a supervisor. Eventually I was connected to one (or at least he said he was a supervisor). LR classic opened on both machines but none of the images were loading, only their thumbnails which were what I call ghost thumbnails as no processing could be done on them. This new tech person was very helpful and did eventually make it so I was able to process in LR classic on my new machine, but neglected to repair LR classic my old computer. The new tech said he would call me back at 2pm yesterday (Sunday) but never did. I spent another 4 hours online waiting for someone to respond and no one ever did.

LR classic was installed on both computers within the last week (my old computer was updated from LR6 to classic) so they both have the same update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not Adobe technical support here. We are just other LR users. We don't have records of your phone calls, and there's nothing we can do about the phone calls anyway.

LR classic opened on both machines but none of the images were loading, only their thumbnails which were what I call ghost thumbnails as no processing could be done on them.

Is this the actual problem you are trying to solve? Are there exclamation point icons on the photos, as shown in Figures 1 and 2 in this document? If so, the document explains how to fix the problem. If not, then please, as I asked earlier, provide a lot more detail about the problem, and show us a screen capture.

And as requested earlier, please state the version NUMBER of your Lightroom, and do not tell us words like "latest" or "up-to-date", we need the version NUMBER.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a couple more hours in a conversation with a supervisor this morning, I think everything is running all right.

Thanks for the responses. I was just very very frustrated. Being in a conversation with so many different people over such a long period of time, some of which were helpful, some of which made things worse, just contributed to my frustration.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines