• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcuts in other Adobe apps don't work when Acrobat is opened.

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2019 Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, tha's exactly the problem.

It started one or two days ago, I was confused why copy and paste strg+c/v didn´t work in Indesign.

Rebooted, opened my project files and stuff again. Problem still there.

Googled "shortcuts don´t work in Windows 10", found useless solutions like services that weren´t started and so on, but all of those were pointless.

At some point I realized that Acrobat causes the problem.

When it's open strg+c and strg+z don't work anymore (in Indesign and Illu at least, right now I use them). When I close Acrobat they do.

strg+z is new btw, it was working yesterday but today does not.

What kind of weird shit might be going on? I know I might try opening the PDF I need for reference in another app as "new" Acrobat sucks anyway, but I want my workflow back.

Deleting the profile might be a solution I could try, as usual, if so, how do I do that for Acrobat?

And why might the problem have occurred? I did not change any settings, I am 99,993% sure about that.

My system is up to date Win 10 64 pro / CC and all Adobe apps current versions.

Thanks, any help appreciated (and any Adobe flameZ as well lol)

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your app versions. Please don't say "up to date".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat.exe

Version: 19.10.20098.316574

Indesign

14.0.1 x64

Strange thing is, after having been away from the computer for like 2 hours and returning, it suddenly works as if there never had been a bug. I am working r8 now as long as there is no problem.

Maybe it will stay this way, maybe not. As the bug occurred several times in the last few days it probably won´t last.

Just an ordinary week with adobe CC apps, I guess. This is so much fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines