2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2008 4:32 PM by Newsgroup_User

HELP, my site is messed up

chuckfaz
      I had a designer take a flash web template and customize it for me. problem is, there are, well, problems with it. Its critical I get them fixed asap so I figured I'd post and see if anyone could easily fix the problems.

the issues deal with the fact that no matter which of the 4 menu items you click on, you are still taken to the same incorrect one although you see your intended link first. There are photo blocks that corresponds with the linked text blocks and they too, do not link correctly on the first click. Everything works well on subsequent links. Also, some people say that the site just won;t come up for them. Is there anyway to more bulletproof the access?

You can email me directly at chuckfaz@aol.com with ideas and suggestions and I'm willing to pay a reasonable amount of $ to someone to quickly do the fixes. the entire site file is a little over 4 megs.

You can view the site at www.chuckfazio.com

TIA,
      Chuck
        • 1. Re: HELP, my site is messed up
          chuckfaz Level 1
          Oh, you can see the site at www.chuckfazio.com
          • 2. Re: HELP, my site is messed up
            Level 7
            chuckfaz wrote:
            > I had a designer take a flash web template and customize it for me. problem is,
            > there are, well, problems with it. Its critical I get them fixed asap so I
            > figured I'd post and see if anyone could easily fix the problems.
            >
            > the issues deal with the fact that no matter which of the 4 menu items you
            > click on, you are still taken to the same incorrect one although you see your
            > intended link first. There are photo blocks that corresponds with the linked
            > text blocks and they too, do not link correctly on the first click. Everything
            > works well on subsequent links. Also, some people say that the site just won;t
            > come up for them. Is there anyway to more bulletproof the access?

It works ok, seem all the links bring the corresponding content.
            The photos do not have any links attached to them so I'm not sure what is that you
            are referring to.
            I would also make sure that the links to video do not open content within the same
            window, it's very annoying that you have to reload the entire flash movie upon
            going back to the page. Also, do not run SWF directly in the browser. It has to be
            place in HTML document properly published out of flash using the Publish feature.
            Otherwise, as you already said it yourself, some people just won't be able to view the
            site at all.
            Side note:
            No offense but hat's one ugly template you bought. Very unappealing flash. Considering
            what's around right now, skills wise and creativity wise, this is something we would see 8
            years ago. Very basic and boring with same transition going on over and over again.

Also the cross fade transition thing that is going on, does not cover the entire content
            when you click the link. You can see the parts of the headlines before the "blinds" kick
            in. That's some obvious design error. Also, some of the images on the right hand side keep
            overlapping each other. You can see previous image, bit of it coming out from under the
            current image. Look very messy the whole thing. Sorry but that's one bad flash.

--
            Best Regards

Urami

--
            "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
            If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
            </urami>