0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2008 4:43 PM by Chaos7703

VideoDisplay doesn't play()

Chaos7703 Level 1
      Hello everyone,
      I'm having a bit of a problem with the VideoDisplay component. I'm not getting any errors--or ANYTHING actually. I have the component so that it tells me bytesLoaded/bytesTotal, source, and whether it's playing when I mouseOver it. I click a file, the display appears, I mouse over it, it tells me that it's 100% loaded, not playing (it actually just writes 'false'). I click on my play button, nothing happens, I mouse over, it still says "Playing: false." I added doubleClick="videoDisplay.play()" still nothing. The file(s) I'm trying to test with are flv's from a tutorial on Studio 8, Flash 8 which are roughly 60k.

Here's the excerpt from the file "where the nothing happens":

<mx:AddChild position="lastChild">
      <mx:VideoDisplay x="5" y="30" id="videoDisplay" width="320" height="240" source="{videoSrc}" autoPlay="true"
      bufferTime="3000" maintainAspectRatio="true" doubleClick="this.videoDisplay.play();"
      mouseOver="Application.application.lastResultValue2.text = 'Source(actual): '+this.videoDisplay.source+
      ' Source(given): '+this.videoSrc+' Data: '+this.videoDisplay.bytesLoaded+' loaded/total '+this.videoDisplay.bytesTotal+ ' playing?: '+this.videoDisplay.playing+' descriptor?: '+this.videoDisplay.descriptor" />
      </mx:AddChild>
      <mx:AddChild position="lastChild">
      <mx:Button x="96" y="278" label="Play" click="this.videoDisplay.play();"/>
      </mx:AddChild>

I mis-typed my source path at first and was getting a 'No bitstream match' error at first--was happy to find & fix that problem. But now that I did that, I get this--which doesn't tell me/say anything. Sometimes errors are better than no errors?!?!?!