2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2008 11:38 AM by Mike8086

FileReference - uploadCompleteData problem

Mike8086
      I am trying to get data back from my CFM file after an upload(). It works fine on my local test server, but when I put the code on our server, it doesn't work. I have an alert box that should pop up if the uploadCompleteData actionlistener gets triggered, but the alert box isn't popping up on the production server. It does pop up on my local test system.

Does the CFM file have to be in the same directory as the SWF file on the server? Do we have to leave the CFM file unsecure to make this work? Some sample code below...

_file = FileReference(_files.getItemAt(0));
      _file.addEventListener(DataEvent.UPLOAD_COMPLETE_DATA, uploadCompleteData);

[...]

private function uploadCompleteData(evt:DataEvent):void {
      var strData:String = StringUtil.trim(evt.data);
      var vars:URLVariables = new URLVariables(strData);

mx.controls.Alert.show(strData.slice(0,100),"strData:",0);

mx.controls.Alert.show(vars.fileName, "fileName:",0);
      trace("fileName"+vars.fileName);

[...]

upload.cfm file:

<cfoutput>fileName=#dest1#&therest</cfoutput>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks,
      Mike
        • 1. Re: FileReference - uploadCompleteData problem
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6
          Certainly it would help to boil down the case to as simple a scenario as possible, such as you mentioned by having the CFM file in same folder as SWF. If it works in that scenario, then I would investigate security related help docs for how to move beyond this simple case.
          • 2. Re: FileReference - uploadCompleteData problem
            Mike8086 Level 1
            We tried moving the CFM file to the same directory as the SWF.

It still doesn't communicate back the <cfoutput> info.

The funny thing is, the "COMPLETE" action-listener is working fine, so I know the CFM is communicating back some info, just this piece is not making it.

And it all works on my test environment on my local PC, just not on our production server.

Does anyone know of any settings in the Coldfusion 8 server that might affect this?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
            Mike