1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2009 1:58 PM by Newsgroup_User

getting "An internal compiler error occurred" message

Thanosb
      Till yesterday my flex builder was working really fine (I have Version: 3.0.205647).
      But today I was trying to build a new project and when I was adding an application file and I was trying to run it I was getting an error that the .html file does not exist. When I checked the log file I had the following message:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2009-01-23 09:43:02.500
      !MESSAGE Could not write HTML wrapper.
      !STACK 1
      org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: D:\Program Files\Adobe\projects\procurement\bin-debug\Thumbs.db.
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.Policy.error(Policy.java:55)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.openOutputStream(LocalFile.java:356)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.write(FileSystemResourceMa nager.java:902)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.internalSetContents(File.java:319)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.setContents(File.java:358)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.setContents(File.java:458)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.copyWrapperFile(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.copyWrapperFolder(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.writeHtmlWrapper(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.generateAndCopyFiles(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
      org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[272]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\Program Files\Adobe\projects\procurement\bin-debug\Thumbs.db (Access is denied)
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
      at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.openOutputStream(LocalFile.java:347)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.localstore.FileSystemResourceManager.write(FileSystemResourceMa nager.java:902)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.internalSetContents(File.java:319)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.setContents(File.java:358)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.File.setContents(File.java:458)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.copyWrapperFile(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.copyWrapperFolder(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.writeHtmlWrapper(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.BuilderUtils.generateAndCopyFiles(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(Unknown Source)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

After this point no HTML wrapper is created for my new projects and applications.
      Is this a bug? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.
        • 1. Re: getting &quot;An internal compiler error occurred&quot; message
          Level 7

"Thanosb" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gldacr$9h0$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Till yesterday my flex builder was working really fine (I have Version:
          > 3.0.205647).
          > But today I was trying to build a new project and when I was adding an
          > application file and I was trying to run it I was getting an error that
          > the
          > .html file does not exist. When I checked the log file I had the following
          > message:
          >
          >
          > !ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2009-01-23 09:43:02.500
          > !MESSAGE Could not write HTML wrapper.
          > !STACK 1
          > org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Could not write file: D:\Program
          > Files\Adobe\projects\procurement\bin-debug\Thumbs.db.

I'd just get rid of that Thumbs.db. You don't need it anyway.