• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Artifacts since latest updates on Mac Pro 2013 (Metal)

Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

oh my, the dreaded artefacts are back!!

Since the latest update I see nasty artefacts in playback of unrendered (red) material in the timeline. After rendering, the artefacts disappear.

On every frame something else, looks crazy annoying.

It shows up only if I use Metal for acceleration. In software and Open CL the video seems to be clean.

The bug showed up right after the update.

I can not find the hotline for Adobe anymore, this website is such a mess! Just wanted to report it, it needs to be fixed asap!

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-04 um 17.56.00.jpgBildschirmfoto 2019-04-04 um 17.56.06.jpgBildschirmfoto 2019-04-04 um 17.56.31 (3).jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked for graphics driver update ... or roll-back? I know it's somewhat different process on Macs.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graphics driver? Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... Apple ... protects you, don't they?

But this sort of thing is typically from a driver issue. Which is typically fixed via changing the driver of the GPU.

Sigh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... Apple ... protects you, don't they?

But this sort of thing is typically from a driver issue. Which is typically fixed via changing the driver of the GPU.

Neil,

In Apple land, the GPU drivers are installed with updates of macOS. That said, when CUDA was still supported, you did have to update that separately and manually. CUDA is not supported on macOS Mojave, however.

Metal or OpenCL should be working fine with these AMD GPUs. I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin!

Yea ... Apple is such a help, except of course ... for when they aren't ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chfilm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to report this issue. Can you please copy/paste the URL of this post into a bug here? Premiere Pro: Hot (4512 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

You can get direct assistance here: Adobe Help Center

Link is at lower left of page.

Please let us know how it goes. I will alert the product team.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, no problem, I posted it, hope I did it correctly.

I cant find the phone support anymore on this site that you sent. It used to be pretty easy, but now you guys really buried it somewhere where no one can find it..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now you guys really buried it somewhere where no one can find it..

It's in the lower left corner of the link I sent you. I agree, that stinks. It's not easy to find. I'll report that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, my experience is actually worse. Let me show you.

I click on support on the German website, then I have to chose my app.

I choose premiere. Then I end up on some Scandinavian looking site, maybe the Swedish one, definitely not German language. You can see that it's another language when looking at the titles of the three big main categories on top before and after I change the language.

I then change the language back to German, end up on another site.

Click on the button for "support with an actual human" (great wording) and then end up on this site where there is absolutely nothing meaningful, definitely no phone support option or even a chat on it.

It's one big broken mess!! Check it out, I recorded it for you, should be clear without German language skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is terrible. I am sorry.

Do you have a standard CC subscription or is it an Enterprise or Educational Subscription? Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed an awful experience I'm caught in a "cant find support" limbo. Thank you for being here at least.

I'm gonna try again tomorrow... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video example of the glitches.

Sadly it's very stuttery as the system was trying to playback an un-rendered video while screen capturing, but you can still see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Which OS are you on? 10.12? An associate recalled a bug that was fixed by a more current version of macOS (along with its driver).

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on 10.14.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, now I discovered why I couldn't find out about the support phone number: In Safari, the popup just doesnt show up! In firefox I could finally see it. Please also forward this issue to the support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did some more tests, and the problem really only arises when the timeline is red. If it's yellow, and quite a few effects are applied to a video, it's fine, but once a certain threshold is reached, or a certain effect overloads the system, in my case a spill killer on top of the ultra key, this effect shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not, or I'm blind.

Adobe Link on Vimeo​

I have a standard CC subscription. It never was so strange, usually pretty easy to reach the helpline!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines