• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mercury Transmit/Video Preview Bug

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing this posted more and more lately, so I'm glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing this.  CC 2019 and recent updates have broken the mercury transmit feature.  As of now, I open the preferences to switch my preview to a new monitor and when I hit okay, nothing happens.  I open the preferences panel again and just see this:

Capture.JPG

No mater what I do it deselects any monitor I choose.  Sometimes it defaults to Monitor 2 (which isn't the one I want) and still nothing even shows up on that screen.  Was working perfectly before so this most recent updates must have broken it.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet?  I've reinstalled all my drivers, all my programs, and I'm comfortable saying this is a bug with After Effects, not my system. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very sorry about this Locomotive. We have identified this issue and are working on a fix.

For After Effects, please upvote here: Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1 – Adobe video & audio apps

The issue is the same on Premiere Pro and are related.

If on WIN, and if possible, can you please upvote this Premiere Pro bug to give it more traction?: BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Windows – Adobe video & audio apps

For those having the issue on Premiere Pro for Mac, upvote this bug: BUG -Mercury Transmit will not use screen 2 in 3 screen setups on Mac OS 10.13.6 – Adobe video & aud...

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear this has been picked up as an issue and a fix is being worked on - we can't ask for more than that and I look forward to this being rolled out. Interestingly though, in my case Premiere Pro seems to be working fine - for me the issue is just limited to After effects. I'm on Windows 10, specs as quoted on the AE bug report link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates on this bug!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hell no. I got a technician to help me out over two weeks ago. I

demonstrated the bug. Then he said he'd get back. Haven't heard a peep.. .

Have resorted to using a third party piece of software that clones various

monitor set ups in order to have a client viewing monitor. Adobe don't seem

interested in offering a discount for defective software that I paid in

full for each month... Pretty cool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just really surprised such a basic and essential feature has gone unaddressed for this long.  Considering we're less and less able to use legacy Adobe products, this isn't the most comforting omen.  I didn't think I would have to be telling my clients and boss that I can't do quick previews on the TV like we've been doing for years because it doesn't work right now; I made this post over a month ago and it was broken well before that.  I'm truly shocked it hasn't been fixed with a quick patch yet.  I find this unacceptable for the amount of money invested in these products.  I understand that things break and software is difficult, but there had a been a steady and noticeable decline in the quality of each Adobe update.  To the point that it takes months to fix something like this.  The technical debt in Adobe software is getting concerning.  I love this software and it has provided me with a career for over 10 years- but damn does it suck to see the quality decline so rapidly....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running on PP on a late 2013 Mac Pro OS 10.13.6 w/ AMD FirePro D500.  Mercury transmit was working just fine then, I think even after updated Adobe software to 13.1.2, until an unknown reason crash––then transmit stopped working. Maybe it did stop working after the update but I do think it was working OK up until the crash.  Please please fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else is experiencing this bug still, please post here to bring attention to the problem.  Apparently this is not a priority to fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2019 May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please vote and describe your issue here so Adobe can see how widespread and necessary it is to fix this problem:

Mercury Transmit issue in 16.1 – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three identical monitors. In version 13.0.3 everything works fine. Updated to 13.1.2. Premiere uses the settings of the previous version and Mercury works on the monitor I need. But keyboard shortcuts doesn't work (don't know why — same bug on few PC's). I reset settings (Alt + Shift + Click) and — Bam! — Transmit is stuck. On the monitor, which I do not need. Without the ability to change this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe! What the F*&%?? I am STILL experiencing this bullsh%$ mercury transmit issue, spending hours just to be able to work with client who need to see the client monitor and yet I have updated now to the latest version and STILL it persists! How the hell can you allow such a broken application to see the light of day? We are professionals paying for this piece of SH$T and we have to face these issues! I dont think you realise how serious this is!

FIX IT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lucy,

Sorry that you're having trouble with Mercury Transmit. Hope I can assist. I apologize that you are upset, but please go easy on the implied expletives, we have minors reading here. Thanks for understanding.

I have updated now to the latest version and STILL it persists!

Can you verify the version you are running is 16.1.2? There are a good number of Mercury Transmit bugs that were fixed in that version: Bug fixes in the April 2019 releases (version 16.1, 16.1.1), and June 2019 release (version 16.1.2) ...

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thank you for the reminder on language Kevin, but lets focus on what actually at stake here than worry about some delinquent's expansion in verbal expressions: What exactly is adobe doing to fix this issue?? This is an issue that has persisted and has tremendous impact on our work flow, deadlines and ability to deliver. Yet with a new update it screwed it up even more, I couldnt even roll back a version on my project, and now have to persist with this ridiculous bug for the next coming weeks which is adobe's bad developing, and  I have to explain to clients why the hell they are not able to view the film on an actually bloody monitor, not to mention the fact that the mercury transmit is choosing my main monitor and blocks out half my computer screen and in order to get rid of it I have to quit boot up again! I mean really now, we have to pay to be made fools of in our professional environments. Not to mention the time Premiere deleted all my files off my hardrive, which at the time i thought was a worm only to find out actually it was disastrous, pathetic, mind numbingly stupid coding which deleted all my files!? I simply did not have time to complain [content removed] What actually is being done to remedy this?

I hope my language suffices to the forum rules, because if I really had to express my anger and hatred towards adobe, [content removed].

Kind regards

L

Moderator warning: Content was removed. Please do not discuss legal issues. Please do not issue threats. These are against Adobe Community policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Lucy,

Well thank you for the reminder on language Kevin

Nothing personal, moderation is part of my job.

some delinquent's expansion in verbal expressions:

We have minors reading here. Please keep that in mind.

What exactly is adobe doing to fix this issue??

We put out a new release. Can you verify you are running 16.1.2? Let me know.

• This is an issue that has persisted and has tremendous impact on our work flow, deadlines and ability to deliver...
  • Yet with a new update it screwed it up even more...
  • I couldn't even roll back a version on my project...
  • This ridiculous bug for the next coming weeks which is adobe's bad developing...
  • I have to explain to clients why the hell they are not able to view the film on an actually bloody monitor...
  • Mercury transmit is choosing my main monitor and blocks out half my computer screen...
  • In order to get rid of it I have to quit boot up again!
  • I mean really now, we have to pay to be made fools of in our professional environments.

Please send these complaints such as these to the product team here: After Effects: Hot (1768 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps
We are in support and are here only to triage current issues; we do not develop the product. The developers respond to complaints like these at the User Voice link given above.

If the bug fixes did not work for you, I would advise that you open a case with our video agents and do some troubleshooting one on one, then report back if you still need assistance.

A little more system info might help us troubleshoot your specific issue, so feel free to leave your specs here so we have a shot at figuring out what's going on with your display issues. For example, we do not know the specific system setup you have, or whether or not there is third party hardware involved. You can use this as a guide for the info we need: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Hope we can assist.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm completely with "lucyb91785867" on this one!  Adobe, we still have mercury transmit problems in AE 2019 16.1.3 version! Client monitor isn't working and that's a very big deal! It's not a game, we actually pay for it.  

It just stops working after some short period of time. Minimizing and maximazing app window doesn't help, turning Mercury ON/OFF in settings, doesn't help, switching to a different monitor doesn't help either.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still not fixed. On one of our machines, the entire premiere crashes when enabling mercury transmit. The timeline suddenly wont play and there is no image in program or source when scrubbing footage. We are on a brand new machine with i9 9900k, RTX 2080ti, 64GB ram ++. Everything else works fine.

We are a marketing company and we pay alot for this software to work. We are strongly considering leaving premiere for davinci as we have had bugs with premiere for the last full year on many of our workstations.

ADOBE: We need a fix ASAP! We expect this to be a priority as it costs us alot of money working on bugged software all the time. Please give us a respond on how you are planning to resolve theese issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just was having this problem in 17.0.3 and finally figured out that if I press the "maximize window" button on top right of the main AE window then mercury transmit starts working again on the other monitor. 

My main AE window was not leaning into the other monitor at all I don't think, but it looks like AE was trying to make sure that the video preview would not obscure the main UI window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Felt dumb, but this worked for me! Guess you have to be in max window before you can enable transmit? Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Broken Mercury Transmit SOLVED for Premiere Pro CC 2020

I have a system with 2 monitors for workspace, and 3rd for viewing the Mercury Transmit. I've just switched to this set up having got rid of an old HD CRT broadcast monitor and Blackmagic card. So I was excited to have this working.

It didn't..

But, there are 2 solutions.

The CAUSE:
If you have say 2 monitors only, and one would be for Premiere UI and the other for monitoring, naturally you Maximse Premiere on one screen to make best use of it. Mercury Trasmit LIKES this, presumably because Premiere is not running in Windowed mode then...?

THE PROBLEM
If you have 3 monitors, two for PPro UI and one for monitoring, if you Maximise PPro, with Windows 10 natively it maximises to just one of the 2 monitors. And Mercury Transmit works. But, your UI is crammed into one screen, and the 2nd one is just showing Windows UI or whatever else you have got open.

So you do what is natural to you, and resize PPRo UI as big as possible by hand across the two monitors for UI. Maxmimse vertically with native Windows 10 function, and drag as wide as possible by hand left and right. Yes?

Mercury Transmit ... no likey! It stops working. If you're lucky, if you don't have the option set to hide the output when you minimise PPro, you see the static image preview when you minimise PPro which disappears when you return to your 'full screen' manual sized UI.

Boooo.

THE SOLUTIONS

Option 1)

this option also makes media playback in Windows (so say, a 16:9 video) play on both screens, but half on each screen, with the monitor bezel in the middle, so may not be ideal for what you wish to achieve. But, if you go to your Geforce Control Panel, enable Surround display mode. Include your 2 UI monitors in the configuration, but not the 3rd monitoring one. Here, the nVidia drivers 'remap' the two monitors into one single wide display. Windows 10 then sees in Display properties that you have only 2 screens now, wide 32:9 (or whatever based on your screen resolutions) and one second 16:9 (or whatever your monitoring screen is).

Now, you can do real Maximise size of Premiere UI and it fills both your main screens. Because it is now 'full screen', the system knows exactly the UI location, and is happy to let Mecury Transmit work successfully!

Option 2)
If having 2 screens seen as one single one by Windows, messes your head, or you don't like how 16:9 media plays back within windows in the centre across bezels of a 32:9 display, then try this....

In my set up, my 3 monitors are Left and Centre screen for PPro UI, and right monitor for Monitoring .. -

I take PPro UI, use Windows 10 native 'vertical' maxmise function (drag the top edge of PPro to the top of the screen to see the 'snap' and it vertically maximises itself); then drag the PPro left edge as far left of screen 1 left monitor so it is as wide left as possible.

Then take the right edge of PPro as far right as possible, of my middle screen.

You're probably thinking "yeah, that's what I did already, and you described this at the start of this whole post".
Indeed.

But, Mercury Transmit doesn't work now.

So, it seems that the SIZE of the Window and its position being so close to the edge of Monitor 3 upsets things...

So, take the right edge of PPro UI, and I drag it left a few pixels, 3, 5, 6 pixels, just a small amount.

Now, with the separation between Monitor 2 and 3, my center and right screens, Mercury Transmit seems to be happy with the separation and suddenly springs back into life and works again!

Final
I was able to repeat this process over and over to prove to myself that it works and was not a fluke.
Hopefully these options solve thi for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines