6 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2008 7:07 PM by alanwallace4

How is this done?

matthew stuart Level 2
      I understand flash to a degree, but I have no idea how the link below has been built. I am really interested in how the transition from one image to another is achieved when a menu link is clicked. The site is:

http://www.planper.com/

I have seen this kind of treatment in a number of places, but have no idea about how to do it. The thing is I have an idea of my own, which will need similar treatment, but I don't know where to start. Any tips or tutorials will be appreciated.

I also like how the site slides to fit content; is this spry? I'm guessing the site is a mixture of dhtml and flash.

Thanks.

Mat
        • 1. Re: How is this done?
          alanwallace4 Level 1
          Hi,
          This is achieved through masking.
          There is a tutorial on this on my site below.
          Hope this helps
          Alan
          • 2. How is this done?
            matthew stuart Level 2
            Excellent! Thanks for that Alan. I really like your sliding timeline tutorial - it's similar to what I had in mind actually.

So, with regards to the site I mentioned and the way it slides up and down to fit content, is that flash with xml?
            • 3. Re: How is this done?
              Paevo Kelley Level 2
              Could be the Spry accordian in DW... Incidentally, there are plugins that achieve complex masking effects (and motion tweening with transparency) in one or two mouse clicks; check out the exchange...
              • 4. Re: How is this done?
                jiminator
                Your tutorials are to say this kindly, not explaining every step your taking, and your audio is not clear and percise. You speak European English, and there is a big difference between that text and American English, every major software developer regoconizes this. Washington DC and the major interglobal corporations may tolerate the fact that everyone in the world hates american citizens, but we will not tolerate it. We have no control over them, and we are the highest taxed people on the planet, to feed the world, our sons and daughters murdered on foriegn soil, to protect your rights. Hock your mothers liver on another forum
                • 5. Re: How is this done?
                  Paevo Kelley Level 2
                  Clever, jiminator ("YAWN"....)
                  • 6. How is this done?
                    alanwallace4 Level 1
                    quote:

Originally posted by: jiminator
                    Your tutorials are to say this kindly, not explaining every step your taking, and your audio is not clear and percise. You speak European English, and there is a big difference between that text and American English, every major software developer regoconizes this. Washington DC and the major interglobal corporations may tolerate the fact that everyone in the world hates american citizens, but we will not tolerate it. We have no control over them, and we are the highest taxed people on the planet, to feed the world, our sons and daughters murdered on foriegn soil, to protect your rights. Hock your mothers liver on another forum

Maybe you should learn to spell before you go any further in your life.
                    And I do not speak "European English". I speak English. I am from England, I speak English.