1 Reply Latest reply on May 3, 2008 9:21 PM by Newsgroup_User

Tween not working

jwadamucci
      I have a graphic symbol, containing nothing but static text, that at run time does not tween as it should. It appears to work fine when moving the playhead back and forth through the tween manually. It's only at runtime that the alpha goes from 0% to 100% immediately.

This has worked many times before for me, and I can't for the life of me figure out why this behavior suddenly popped up.

I figure it must be some subtle thing that I am doing when creating the tween, but darned if i can figure out what that thing is. it's all pretty straight forward and basic. No added actionscript, all created with the GUI....no muss, but plenty of fuss..!

Has anyone else seen such behavior?

thanks!
      John

• 1. Re: Tween not working
          Level 7
          jwadamucci wrote:
          > I have a graphic symbol, containing nothing but static text, that at run time
          > does not tween as it should. It appears to work fine when moving the playhead
          > back and forth through the tween manually. It's only at runtime that the alpha
          > goes from 0% to 100% immediately.
          >
          > This has worked many times before for me, and I can't for the life of me
          > figure out why this behavior suddenly popped up.
          >
          > I figure it must be some subtle thing that I am doing when creating the tween,
          > but darned if i can figure out what that thing is. it's all pretty straight
          > forward and basic. No added actionscript, all created with the GUI....no muss,
          > but plenty of fuss..!
          >
          > Has anyone else seen such behavior?

Just double check if the text is not Dynamic or Input by any chance.
          If you positive it's a static, then try to upload the file somewhere for us to
          see, will be much easier to spot the problem.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>