5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2008 12:54 PM by

Importing new background

LabOwner
      I want to use either a Powerpoint image or a jpg image as a "Frame" around an existing Captivate movie. I want to place the movie inside this frame. So, basically, I want to have this frame serve as a background image. Is anything like this possible?
        • 1. Re: Importing new background
          mtb Level 1
          Hi LabOwner,

This certainly is possible! Add the image that you want to the slide (insert > image) and then once you have it the size and position you want, right click on the image and select 'Merge into background".

Kind Regards,

Matt
          • 2. Re: Importing new background
            Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            Hi Joel

As Matt indicated, merging is one approach. Before using this approach, however, you should consider some things.

1. Ensure the image is large enough so that the Captivate fits cleanly inside. Then resize Captivate to accommodate the image and center the existing part of the project.
            2. If using this approach, you would need to merge each and every slide.

Another approach would be to simply insert the image on slide 1 and configure it to display for the rest of the project. Of course, you would also want to make the inside part transparent so the main part of your Captivate could "shine through" and be visible.

Cheers... Rick
            • 3. Re: Importing new background
              Hi Captiv8r,

What do you mean by making inside part of image transparent so Captivate can shine through? I think you may have answer I need on current background question...

Thanks,

Richard
              • 4. Re: Importing new background
                Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                Hi Richard

In Captivate, when you insert an image, you are able to choose a color that is rendered as transparent.
                Try this.
                I just uploaded a simple image to one of my web sites. The link is below:

Click here to see the image

Insert that image into a Captivate slide. Note that the image has a yellow oval in the center. When you insert the image, Captivate allows you to make the yellow transparent by clicking the "Transparent background" check box, then clicking the eyedropper and clicking the yellow to set it as being transparent. Click the OK button and you should see what I'm referring to.

Hopefully this helps... Rick
                • 5. Re: Importing new background
                  Thanks, Rick! Appreciate the quick response. This will help with some other issues I'm tackling in Captivate 3.