• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are my Flash Videos now not playing for customers outside my Domain?

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. Please help me out here. I'm using Adobe Connect v. 6 Presenter to develope technology enabled learning. I've published several Flash Video files to my TEL server, which hosts Connect v.6. They were able to viewed by students outside my USGS domain and since about the middle of March, the videos will not start for them. What the heck? If anyone can help me, I'd be much obliged as I am do to start beta testing on a Presenter TEL course on May the 8th! Yikes!!
Also, my server is in an Active Directory structure where Windows Downloads and patches are automatically loaded at a certain time in the early morning. Not sure if a security patch is doing this or not, but I would gratefully appreciate any assistance.

Thank you!!
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2008 May 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wolfeyes...

Not sure if this is the case...but, by chance, did you change the videos to a different version of flash? Say converted to flash 8 versus flash mx. I know that in prior versions of connect, you had to have MX as Flash 8 video wouldn't play...If they're the very same video files that suddenly aren't playing...then I have no answer...

Peace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks SenpeiMikey! I found out our DMZ firewall was blocking port 1935. All is working now after I begged and pleaded for that port to be reopened.
Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources