• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customer can't open system

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a help system and sent a zip to the person who needs it. She can't open the "gateway" file, whatever it's called-- the one that you open which opens the whole system. It works fine for me. I looked at the file properties and there's an elaborate dialog about security, but the dialog has no box to say "no security needed-- permission for everyone". You have to specify each person who is allowed to open it. (Wouldn't work too well on the web.) I've never seen anything like this. Does Robohelp impose this? Any ideas? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't cross post the same question into multiple categories. This question first appeared in the thread Linked Here.

Please direct any replies to where the thread first appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhhkay

So reply here I must as my dear man Yoda would say.

Basically, if it's WebHelp, they open the WebHelp start page. That's what the "gateway" is called.

However, it sounds as if your recipient is simply opening the .ZIP and attempting to run it from there. Sorry, but that won't work as everything that page would need is packaged inside the .ZIP. She will have to first unpack it into the related folders and files.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was exactly my theory-- opening it from the zip. She assures me that she unzipped everything in the usual way. Can you think of any other reason for security appearing on this file?

By the way, the cross-post was a mistake. I realized I had put it in the wrong place but didn't see a way to delete, so I tried to "edit" it down to nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add, the security is in *my* copy of the file, having nothing to do with being in a zip file. So I think my customer is correct. Since I'm in a defense company, I was thinking the system might add these things. Possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Christopher

I've seen enough trips around the sun to say that literally *anything* is possible!

Consider this though. Perhaps her method of "unzipping" is to simply open the zip package, then drag the files to a folder. Works okay until folders are involved (which they usually are in a WebHelp output)

Just thinking out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp