Exit

PDF Hyperlinks

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7
WebHelp Pro

I have some PDF files in ../../../Images/PDFs/. The hyperlinks I have created work in View Selected Item but not when I View Primary Layout in Internet Explorer. I moved these files (within the project) from the top level folder to a newly created PDF folder, and think that may have something to do with it. However, I can't solve the problem by moving them back to where they were moved from. I do have Adobe Reader 8.0, BTW.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added the PDFs to the baggage folder? That's what tells RH to actually acknowledge "foreign" (non-HTM) files, such as PDF, JS. etc.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I've read this:

1. Select View > Pods > Project Manager. The Project Manager pod displays.

2. Right-click the Baggage Files folder and select New Baggage File.

3. Double-click the source file.

4. Click Yes.

And I do not have a Baggage Folder in my Project Manager, though I have it checked in the View/Hide files Project manager file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Project Manager there is an icon to toggle between the classic view, when you will see Baggage Files listed, and the new view, when you will see the baggage files shown in their folder.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, these files are in the baggage folder . . . they were in the baggage folder all along. So, I don't know what to check next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi harooki2

If they are in Baggage and the path is correct, about all that is left that could be the issue is maybe you have Mark of the Web (MOTW) enabled and you are running locally off your C drive instead of from a server.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
That's it. Thank you, guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp