3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2008 12:19 PM by Brent Lamborn

really embarrassed

tommy_dest

Alright people, it's finally time I asked this question. It's been way too long and I have to figure it out!

I have to say I'm pretty ashamed of myself for not figuring it out after all this time, but I just can't seem to get it. I know, I know, after you read this you'll probably think I'm an idiot, but I am really lost here.

I've started working with flex about 1.5 years ago, and stopped because I could not figure out how to pass info and handle user authentication -1 year later STILL NO information!?. However, I created great UIs and make data changes using PHP services, but nothing was secure. I mean the AMPPHP tutorial made me create an xml of my data, which if ran in the browsers gave the world my data…what the heck is that all about? LOL I bought all the books, read all the forums, and it seemed the only thing flex cares about is getting the data into your RIA, but NOTHING about authentication, creating users and passing info. Only how to make the logins components that look pretty.

Now. I'm sure there are things available, and that’s why I’m posting. I need someone’s help to get me back on the Flex bandwagon! I’m losing all hope with Flex. What’s the point of making all this fancy stuff, when I can’t figure out how to let my users use it?

I need help with handling users, and pass their info? It is the ONLY thing I can't find in adobe? Why? I've looked for hours, and found one posting about "Understanding Service Authentication", yet still no help on what the user is allowed to do, or what information their user name is associated with.

At least Visual Web Developer from MS has the user authentication area.

But flex has nothing. What can I do?

Sorry so long post, but I've been searching all night and have gotten very frustrated, I could really use the help / guidance here.

Thanks people.

Wannabe Flex Developer.