Exit

Expanding Text

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2008 Apr 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH7
WebHelp

I have an expanding text link that properly displays the expanded text, except for the color of the text. Regardless of what I do, e.g., change the color in the style sheet and even change the color within the Expanding Text text box, the result is the same -- black text. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same with all expanding text or just one instance?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More than one instance, but not all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Import a topic into a new project, check it is still not working correctly.

If it is not, zip up the project and send it to me.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2008 Sep 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No solution for this problem?

Every preview shows the black text-colour, in the template is green the colour for the expanding text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, weltverbesserer

Examine the HTML code behind your topic. You probably have an embedded or inline styling that is overriding what the style sheet specifies.

To check for embedded styling, look near the top of the file and see if you have any code beginning with:

<style>

If you see it, select everything from
<style> to the closing </style and delete it from the code.

After you have done this, click File > Save All. Then see if things seem to display as you expected.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Captiv8r,

every Expanding Hotspot or Text have to be extended with the style information colour. This information is unfortunately lost in the HTML but how does this happened?

I had upgraded from RH5 to RH7 include the service packs. Could this be the reason for loosing the style information?

Did you mean i should delete all style information from the HTML in the projet (> 200 pages) or only in the top of the page-file? The style information only appears directly before the text like shown below.

Greeting from germany

Detlev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now Rick should be tucked up in bed.

Try stripping out

style="colour: #008000; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bold;"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

ok, let him sleep ;-).

I think you mean delete (-> stripping out, i could not find any translation?), or?

If i do this, the colour of the expanding text change into black and that's wrong. The style colour has to be like in the code and this is added by me after checking the code because the text hasn't the right colour.

Detlev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did mean delete it.

Import a topic with this problem into a new project. Check the problem still exists after the import.

If it does, zip up and email that project to me via my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, the mail is on the way.

Thank you.

Detlev

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Open the stylesheet in notepad. Locate the content below.

A.expandspot {
cursor:hand;
font-variant:small-caps;
font-weight:bold;
font-style:normal;
color:#008000;
text-decoration:none; }
SPAN.expandtext {
font-size:12pt;
font-weight:normal;
font-style:normal;
color:#000000;
font-variant:normal; }

Move it to the end of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp