• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is this pixels under the text?

Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I select all text or character I am seeing pixels under the text or character. If I select all pixel show the only bottom left but when I just character it shows under the character. It looks graphics issue and I looked the other Adobe apps Ai, Id, Xd, etc. the problem is just in photoshop. No problem with all other apps. All other apps show light blue when we select the text or character. I also tried changing Advanced Graphic Settings under the Preferences but it didn't help. Any idea how to fix that?

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 18.28.00.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 03.05.14.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Got an update from the team. This is not an issue with Photoshop, these Highlights show up only on some fonts, if there is an alternate glyph available for that particular font.

If we turn off Enable Type layer glyph alternates from the preferences, the alternate glyph will not show up. However, this gray box will still remain present, as it depicts that there are alternates available for a specific font.

• Example 1.
    Test Highlight gif.gif
  • Example 2

Test Highlight 2 gif.gif

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

As you're seeing a few pixels whenever you highlight text in Photoshop, that shouldn't be happening as it's not a typical experience.
Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop & operating system you're working on?

Also, could you please try enabling "Legacy compositing" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

If that does not help try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps.

You may also check this article and try the steps mentioned in it: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sahil.  I was about to say,  I've never seen this before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Photoshop where you are seeing this, correct? In Illustrator and InDesign there is a highlight under the text so you can choose an alternate character, but this doesn't work in Photoshop.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is working on photoshop too. When I move to mouse cursor on these pixels I am seeing alternate characters panel;

IMG_0688.jpg

Sahil.Chawla

I already did your all suggestions but they didn't help.

I am using Photoshop 20.0.4 with Mojave 10.14.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's your answer. For some reason it's not working for me in PS today. It's supposed to be there, you can't turn it off.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but why are shows as a pixel? Normally must show like this right?

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 19.11.55.png

BTW I am not seeing this blue on AI also and no highlighted panel either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What typeface are you using? Not all typefaces have alternate glyphs. Also, not all characters have them.

I don't see a way to turn it off in PS. In InDesign it is in Preferences > Advanced Type > Type Contextual Controls. It is not in PS Preferences under Type, where you would expect to find it. It is also not in Type menu > OpenType.

You can put in a feature request to the engineers here: Photoshop Family Customer Community if you think it's broken.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in conversation with the engineers, about this:

Will share an update as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. It's a bug then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now there is no official word from the engineering about this being a bug, there might be a possible solution or a workaround for it.
In the meantime as suggested by Jane, you should post it here: Photoshop Family Customer Community they might provide you some information directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got an update from the team. This is not an issue with Photoshop, these Highlights show up only on some fonts, if there is an alternate glyph available for that particular font.

If we turn off Enable Type layer glyph alternates from the preferences, the alternate glyph will not show up. However, this gray box will still remain present, as it depicts that there are alternates available for a specific font.

• Example 1.
    Test Highlight gif.gif
  • Example 2

Test Highlight 2 gif.gif

Hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines