• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Generation X people don't like spending time in editing their landscape photos?

New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know lots of Gen X people (born in between 1961 and 1980) who don't like editing their photos in Photoshop and Lightroom. I think that they don't like editing at all. Most of them own a high class DSLR camera Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and they just keep the photos as they are. They don't even slightly edit their photos before posting on social media or printing.

Gen X people - can you tell me why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

vibhu000  wrote

I know lots of Gen X people (born in between 1961 and 1980) who don't like editing their photos in Photoshop and Lightroom. I think that they don't like editing at all. Most of them own a high class DSLR camera Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and they just keep the photos as they are. They don't even slightly edit their photos before posting on social media or printing.

People are allowed to have different priorities than you do. And I don't think they have

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which forum should I post to? (Feedback vs Forums)

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vibhu000  wrote

People are allowed to have different priorities than you do. And I don't think they have to explain it to you.

But this forum is for Lightroom technical support, and your question seems off topic, as it has nothing to do with Lightroom or with technical support. Perhaps you want to post it in a different forum here, such as The Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vibhu000  wrote

I know lots of Gen X people (born in between 1961 and 1980) who don't like editing their photos in Photoshop and Lightroom.

I'm not a Gen X person, but I'll take a guess that they have their camera(s) set to shoot JPEG files or raw + JPEG. The camera JPEG from a Canon 5D Mark IV as well as most current DSLR, mirrorless, and point & shoot cameras are pretty darn good! The JPEG file typically rivals the image quality of the camera raw file with no edits applied. There are of course exceptions such as over or under exposed images where the additional dynamic range of the raw file allows recovering highlight and shadow detail that is lost in the JPEG file.

vibhu000  wrote

I think that they don't like editing at all.

I'll leave the actual reason for that to someone who is a Gen X person. All I can tell you is even Adobe is heading in that direction by adding more Ai features such the new 'Auto' Basic panel tone control, face recognition, etc. and a Lightroom Everywhere for Everyone concept with Lightroom's Desktop, Mobile, and Web ecosystem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's what a raw file looks like with no edits

raw.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines