I am having a problem using a button component in Flash CS3.
I have a button component that I added to a new movieclip in
my main movie.
I am trying to use it in a motion tween to move the button
component across the stage and out of sight.
Here are the steps I follow:
1) Create new symbol of a movieclip.
2) Inside this new movieclip in Frame 1, drag instance of
Button component onto stage.
3) Create new key frame 30 frames away.
4) Inside new key frame, move button component to the left of
5) Click anywhere b/w frames 1-30 and choose Create Motion
6) Make sure new movieclip symbol is on main timeline stage.
When I test this movie (Ctrl+Enter), the button component
just sits there on the stage, not moving.
I have also tried to boil this down even simpler and just
look at the main timeline, drag a button component onto it, and
create a motion tween that moves the button component across the
stage. Still no luck, even when it isn't inside of a new movieclip
Am I missing something? Are button components not meant to be
moved inside of another movie clip??
it seems as though you cannot tween the button component -
because it is a compiled clip. a work-around for this (if you must
use the button component) is to place the button inside a MC and
tween the MC not the button - you can simply select the button
symbol on the stage and right-click convert to symbol - BUT if you
do so, you will need to give BOTH symbols instance names and reach
through the MC to receive event notifications from the