Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HTML Client leads to blank screen

Explorer ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just changed my settings on my Connect meeting, so now HTML client is allowed.Later, I "forced" HTML client by adding the parameter "?html-view=true" at the end of meeting URL. My intention is to experience the full HTML Connect client.

What I get is a totally blank screen after login with my registered meeting account. This blank page has certainly some JS source code behind, but it is a total white page, anything happens.

Tested on several computers and browsers (all up to date). Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Ignasi

TOPICS
HTML client , Meetings

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

If you aren't getting the login screen, then you are logged in (session cookie) and Connect is just trying to launch the room because it knows who you are. Try using a private/incognito version of your browser. This will not use your existing browser cache giving you a more honest experience for joining the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest instead that you use incognito mode in Chrome and when the room tries to launch into the app, cancel and then choose to view in browser on the next screen,   That should get you into the HTML5 version.  Soon that process will be smoother, but this is a better work around as that switch only works if you use other switches with it and this is simpler to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried what you told me, but I just get the same blank screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want me to try to join the meeting in HTML5?  I use HTML5 all the time in demoes without issue.  Also, are you using Chrome or Edge? 

gunter@clarix.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used:

· Chrome on Windows
· Safari on MacOS · Chrome on MacOS

Will send you the URL via e-mail, thanks

Ignasi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using a browser other than Chrome. Chrome likes to add to that query string for me so I end up with ?html-view=true&proto=true which calls to the HTML client and the Desktop App at the same time and nothing works. I just end up with the blank white page in Chrome.

In Fire Fox or Edge/IE the html-view=true call works better for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with Firefox 67.0 in MacOS, and it adds this "proto=true" in the URL as well, so I get that blank page again and again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you are joining the room, are you in a browser where you are already logged in to Connect? If so, do you have Host or Presenter rights to that room? If so then Connect won't launch the HTML version of Connect but instead try to force the App. This is because the HTML version is a Participant only view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In summary, after a lot of tests, here's what I found:

• HTML client + Chrome in MacOS ==> adds proto=true, leads to blank page
  • HTML client + Safari in MacOS ==> adds proto=true, leads to blank page
  • HTML client + Firefox in MacOS, entering as registered user  ==> adds proto=true, leads to blank page
  • HTML client + Firefowx in MacOS, entering as Guest ==> Works just fine

It looks like under Edge in Windows works fine as well.

Anyone else having this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a reminder, there is no option for the HTML client for HOST or PRESENTERS.  It's for PARTICIPANTS only.  So, if you are a HOST or have been given HOST/PRESENTER rights to the meeting room and you login with your Adobe Connect credentials, you will not be able to join in the HTML client.  If you login as a GUEST, you will be able to join in the HTML client (unless Promote All users to Presenter is used).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder.

I am trying to enter as GUEST forcing HTML client. Using Chrome of Safari (always MacOS) it's not possible. I can't even get into the login screen. Typing the room URL with the HTML parameter leads directly to the blank page dead end.

Same procedure under Firefox 67 works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome OR* Safari I meant...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't getting the login screen, then you are logged in (session cookie) and Connect is just trying to launch the room because it knows who you are. Try using a private/incognito version of your browser. This will not use your existing browser cache giving you a more honest experience for joining the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried entering as Guest in an Incognito window under Google Chrome (MacOS) ===> Works fine.

But then I did exactly the same using Safari and again I get the blank dead end page.

Keep trying, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, after different tests, I was able to run the HTML client, of course only entering as Guest, and from Incognito windows of previously cache-cleaned browser windows. I only had this problem of blank page dead end under a computer with Safari version 10.1

With another computer with Safari 11 everything works just fine.

Thanks to everyone involved in this help !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines