3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2006 2:08 PM by Captiv8r

Captivate Preloader

brianthill
      I am pulling some Captivate generated swfs in to a movie clip via loadMovie. The preloaders for the Captivate files do not show up, instead, I get a blank screen until the whole file is downloaded.

I am assuming this has something to do with the way the loader class functions. Does anyone know a way to get my Captivate preloader to show up?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Captivate Preloader
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi brianthill

I stand to be corrected here, but I believe the preloader function only works when the .SWF is loaded via an HTML page.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Captivate Preloader
            Tony.Gonzalez
            Hi Rick,

Can you elaborate on the HTML page comment. Most other SWF-based applications launch preloaders from the HTML launch page. However, I have not seen any such code on Captivate HTML launch page. Please help, this is a frustrating problem for me as well.

Thanks, Tony
            • 3. Re: Captivate Preloader
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi Tony

Unfortunately I'm at a total loss to explain how or why this works the way it does. I've always assummed that the difference is that something about the way the HTML object code is inserted or constructed that causes it. I've also further assumed that the reason the preloader doesn't ever show when linking directly to the .SWF is because the .SWF has to fully download to the PC before playback commences.

Then again, I could be totally wrong with my understanding of the process.

Cheers... Rick