5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2006 6:59 AM by Newsgroup_User

minor Flash wish.

lizardman2
      I am highly anticipating a Flash 9. I would like to submit a Flash 9 - wish. I'm not too good at all at Flash so I hope I don't sound too dumb. How about adding some good 3D features! I don't know if the current flash - lets you control technical 3d objects as in made, in 3D Studio and SoftImage through the flash interface. That's all I need! If that was something that was added (if it already does not exist). Then I'd already be very strongly inclined to purchase that. I feel 3D functionality is a powerful feature.
        • 1. Re: minor Flash wish.
          Level 7
          Have you had a look at Director?

http://www.adobe.com/products/director/

--
          -------------------------------
          Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail

• 2. Re: minor Flash wish.
            Level 7
            That would then mean the flash player would need to support 3D, thereby making it a much bigger
            download. One of the best features of the flash player is its tiny footprint - but the more features
            added the bigger it gets.
            BTW - you can and have always had the option of incporating 3D into flash by using a number of
            dedicated 3D programs that work well with flash - like Swift 3D (www.erain.com).

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
            --> www.mudbubble.com
            --> www.keyframer.com

Loser wrote:
            > I am highly anticipating a Flash 9. I would like to submit a Flash 9 - wish.
            > I'm not too good at all at Flash so I hope I don't sound too dumb. How
            > about adding some good 3D features! I don't know if the current flash - lets
            > you control technical 3d objects as in made, in 3D Studio and SoftImage through
            > the flash interface. That's all I need! If that was something that was added
            > (if it already does not exist). Then I'd already be very strongly inclined to
            > purchase that. I feel 3D functionality is a powerful feature.
            >
            • 3. Re: minor Flash wish.
              Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
              I agree with you Chriss about the small size of Flash Player and how is become one of its most advantage. But adding some few 3D features or tools in the Flash working environoment like the one in Swift 3D such as adding Extrude, light and animation, will give Flash more capabilities to create 3D, with no need to do change in the Flash Player.

This remind me with a product that I could not see any updates for it or info about it any more. It is Discreet Plasma, which allows user to create 3D in an invironoment similier to 3D Max and gives great capabilities that already exist in 3D Max.
              • 4. Re: minor Flash wish.
                Level 7
                > But adding some few 3D features or tools in the
                > Flash working environoment like the one in Swift 3D such as adding
                Extrude,
                > light and animation, will give Flash more capabilities to create 3D, with
                no
                > need to do change in the Flash Player.

True, but I think the OP was referring to 'true' 3D capabilities - i.e. the
                ability to script control of real-time rendered 3D objects.

> This remind me with a product that I could not see any updates for it or
                info
                > about it any more. It is Discreet Plasma, which allows user to create 3D
                in an
                > invironoment similier to 3D Max and gives great capabilities that already
                exist
                > in 3D Max

AFAIK it's been discontinued, more's the shame. Plasma was *great* :)

--
                Remove '_spamkiller_' to mail

• 5. Re: minor Flash wish.
                  Level 7
                  I agree - i love my Swift 3D extension for flash - use it all the time and never leave the flash UI!

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
                  --> www.mudbubble.com
                  --> www.keyframer.com

rafiqelmansy wrote:
                  > I agree with you Chriss about the small size of Flash Player and how is become
                  > one of its most advantage. But adding some few 3D features or tools in the
                  > Flash working environoment like the one in Swift 3D such as adding Extrude,
                  > light and animation, will give Flash more capabilities to create 3D, with no
                  > need to do change in the Flash Player.
                  >
                  > This remind me with a product that I could not see any updates for it or info
                  > about it any more. It is Discreet Plasma, which allows user to create 3D in an
                  > invironoment similier to 3D Max and gives great capabilities that already exist
                  > in 3D Max.
                  >
                  >