• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to dock undocked tabs without them resizing to full screen?

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping that someone can answer this question as I am pulling my hair out.

Let's say I have two tabs open in PS. Both of the tabs are docked at the top of the PS screen. Now let's say that I click tab 1 and drag it out so that it is no longer docked. Now let's say I click on the document in tab 2 and make some changes or something. I then decide I want to move tab 1 back and re-dock it at the top. When I click on the undocked tab 1 the window automatically resizes to fit the ENTIRE SCREEN! How can I prevent this from happening? I just want to be able to dock any undocked tabs that I have without them opening up to full screen.

NO NO NO! Stop resizing to full screen when I try and dock you! Bad, bad window!!!

This is driving me insane! I do not remember which version of CC this starting happening on but it is annoying and I need to shut off this "feature."

Any help with this please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar issue that was caused by a third party photoshop extension.

PS CC 2015.1.2 Why do my images maximize with single click on title bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link Jeff. I checked the information on there and it seemed some people were able to delete a file called "tw0001.dat" and it fixed it. However, I found and deleted that file but it didn't work. I still have the issue.

Sebastian, the arrange options will not fix this either.

I'm hoping someone else has found a fix for this as it is incredibly annoying. It's not the first time that I have asked for help in trying to fix it but so far no one has been able to find a solution and it seems Adobe doesn't care to fix it or at the very least place it as an option or preference that can be changed.

Have either of you attempted to replicate the issue by following the steps I listed out in my first post? If so, what was the outcome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop go to Edit>Preferences>Plug-Ins, uncheck Load Extension Panels, then restart photoshop and see if the issue is corrected.

lep.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. This did not work.

Can you replicate this issue on your end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No i have not had this issue.

First try disabling the loading of third party plug-ins by holding down the Shift key while starting photoshop.

It's only just temporary until you restart photoshop normally.

Screenshot-(135).png

If that doesn't make a difference see if resetting the photoshop preferences fixes it by going to Edit>Preferences>General>Reset Preferences On Quit and restart photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately, this did not work either. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would Window/ Arrange/ Consolidate all to tabs help? Or any of the arrange functions?

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.33.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I believe the post you are looking to respond to is... how shall I say this...not this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines