1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2006 12:32 PM by Newsgroup_User

PNG files with a transparent background have background in Internet Explorer.

ChuckRWD
      I have two banners that are rounded rectangles for a website. The have quite a few gradients in them, with a gif it looks distorted. I can't use jpg, so I went with png. In dreamweaver it shows the banners as having no backgrounds, but in Internet Explorer, they have backgrounds! How can I fix this?

Also, on another note, when I use the type tool in Fireworks, my type window will not stretch as I continue to type, I did not set a width for the box, however, I get two words into a sentence, and I am jumping to the next line. I have tried over-and-over to fix this problem, but with no luck. It happens on and off, but it is driving me crazy.

Thanks for the help, Guys/Gals!
      Chuck
        • 1. Re: PNG files with a transparent background have background in Internet Explorer.
          Level 7
          If you do a search in Google for png transparency in IE you'll find a
          bunch of links to various solutions. Here's one
          http://koivi.com/ie-png-transparency/

Peter
          quite a
          | few gradients in them, with a gif it looks distorted. I can't use jpg, so
          I
          | went with png. In dreamweaver it shows the banners as having no
          backgrounds,
          | but in Internet Explorer, they have backgrounds! How can I fix this?
          |
          | Also, on another note, when I use the type tool in Fireworks, my type
          window
          | will not stretch as I continue to type, I did not set a width for the box,
          | however, I get two words into a sentence, and I am jumping to the next
          line. I
          | have tried over-and-over to fix this problem, but with no luck. It
          happens on
          | and off, but it is driving me crazy.
          |
          | Thanks for the help, Guys/Gals!
          | Chuck
          |