3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 1:34 AM by bryn51

500 No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/'

<tfe:Joost>
      We are trying to install a Flex2 app that uses remoting on CFMX 7.02. It's the J2EE edition that runs on a JRun4 server. Somehow the communication betweenn the server and the Flexapp won't work. It results in an error:
      500 No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/'

Does anybody knows what is going on?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: 500 No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/'
          Renaun_Erickson Level 1
          Are you compiling with this argument?

-services "C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\WEB-INF\flex\services-config.xml"
          • 2. Re: 500 No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/'
            bryn51

Interesting to see that the problem I am having appears to be an old one.

My situation:

Flex 3 on Cold Fusion 8 on Vista (with iiS 6 ?) (laptop).

The application is one I built using one of the Flex 3 wizards.  Its a simple CRUD form based on a database table.

Run for the first time, it fails with the (browser) error dialog message:

(mx.rpc::Fault)#0
              content = (Object)#1
              errorID = 0
              faultCode = "Channel.Call.Failed"
              faultDetail = "NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500"
              faultString = "error"
              message = "faultCode:Channel.Call.Failed faultString:'error' faultDetail:'NetConnection.Call.Failed: HTTP: Status 500'"
              name = "Error"
              rootCause = (Object)#2
                code = "NetConnection.Call.Failed"
                description = "HTTP: Status 500"
                details = "http://localhost/flex2gateway/"
                level = "error"

In the coldfusion_out.log appears the following (truncated) error message:

28/08 15:49:07 error No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/index.cfm'.
            [1]flex.messaging.MessageException: No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/index.cfm'.
            at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.getEndpoint(MessageBroker.java:499)
            at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:427)
            at coldfusion.flex.ColdFusionMessageBrokerServlet.service(ColdFusionMessageBrokerServlet.jav a:50)

The problem appears to be an old one, but I've not been able to find what must be the common solution to it.

can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Oh and yes, I am compiling with the above -services switch, and it is pointing to the location of the correct file.

Any help will be appreciated.

• 3. Re: 500 No configured channel has an endpoint path '/flex2gateway/'
              bryn51 Level 1

Answering my own post (again).

I spent a whole bunch of time messing around with Cold Fusion and iiS configurations trying to get this to work.

Ultimately the cause of this problem came down to the code produced by the coldfusion/flex application wizard.

It would have been nice if the error message had led me to this directly, instead of wasting so much of my time.

Basically it (the wizard) produced a number of CFC's with access=remote and access=public on the function calls.

Problem is that these CFC's were accessed like web services (via the flex2gateway) but the Components were not well enough formed to

produce valid wsdl.  In particular the returntype parameters on the function definition was blank.  That is a no-no on web service CFC's.

(those with access="remote")

The easy way to test for malformed web service CFC's is to try to defined them in Cold Fusion Administrator.

If the CFC is well formed, then it will load, otherwise not.

I also had to fix up the pathway to the (several) web services as defined in the various 'mxml' and '.as' files.

The pathway in these files has to match the path leading to the web service CFC all the way up to the web root.

The biggest issue is that usage of the coldfusion/flex2 wizard is hardly documented at all.

<whine>

Its over a year since Flex 3 was released, and not even one update has been released by Adobe.

Is it such a tough thing to ask ?

</whine>