• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hotspots in VR project not working with Oculus Quest

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a 360 VR project in Captivate 11.5.0.476 consisting of a number of 360 slides that have equirectangular pano photos as backgrounds. Each slide contains numerous hotspots that trigger various actions including jump to another slide, display text and display image. I have published the project as html5 and uploaded it to a website.

I am testing the project with an Oculus Quest VR headset through its internal web browser. When the project first displays in the Oculus browser it is in a 'desktop' (non-360 window) mode, similar to viewing it in a standard web browser such as Chrome or Firefox. In this mode everything works as expected: the hotspots display text or images, or jump to the appropriate slides. The Oculus browser displays a small 'Enter VR' button that is overlayed on the viewing area. When I select the button, the view switches to full VR mode with the background pano image wrapping completely around the 360 view as expected. However, none of the hotspots work. They appear in the correct positions relative to the background, but I am unable to interact with them using the Oculus hand controller pointer. That is, when I hover over the hotspots with the pointer they don't glow, and using the hand controller button doesn't trigger the onClick event for the hotspot. It appears that the Captivate project isn't registering that there is a pointing device.

For the 360 slides that I have set to Guided, the guidance arrow icons appear if my direction of gaze moves too far away from the hotspot. It appears that this functionality is working correctly.

I have tried some other web-based VR demos https://aframe.io/showcase/ and they work as expected with my headset and hand controllers.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue with hotspots when viewing a project through a headset? Any suggestion would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have extensively tested this and have experienced the same issue.  Both Oculus Go and Oculus Quest won't work in full immersive mode.  Hotspots show up, but don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I raised a bug initially, thinking that most common VR headsets would be supported. After re-reading some of the marketing spiel on various Adobe web pages, it appears to be limited to some smartphones in Samsung Gear and Daydream headsets, therefore not technically supported on Oculus Quest or Go.

See the last two points at the bottom of this page: Create Virtual Reality projects in Captivate.​ I think what confused me was the first point about Oculus using its own browser, and assumed it would work in any Oculus headset.

So, understanding this, I have now raised a feature request for Oculus Quest support. Given that apart from the hotspots everything else appears to work as expected, hopefully this is a quick addition for the Captivate team.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good idea to launch a feature request! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources