2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 14, 2006 11:30 PM by percy_xue

Help on swf linkage

percy_xue Level 1
      Hello, everyone,
      I'm working on Chinese-version OS and using English-version Flash 8 pro. The trouble is, when I put the output .exe and .swf file in a folder with Chinese name, the linkage using loadMovieNum() command doesn't work. It stopped at the end of first file. Originally I expected a continous movie play by linking different .swf files with loadMovieNum(). Now what I can only do is to name folder in Alhabetic character or numbers. But this is not very convenient for customers. They use Chinese folder name to archive those .swf files. I hear that Chinese-version Flash 8 pro has solved this problem. But it is impossible for me to buy another Flash. Are there any plugins or support files for this trouble? Thanks.

-percy
        • 1. Re: Help on swf linkage
          Level 7

percy_xue wrote:
          > Hello, everyone,
          > I'm working on Chinese-version OS and using English-version Flash 8 pro. The
          > trouble is, when I put the output .exe and .swf file in a folder with Chinese
          > name, the linkage using loadMovieNum() command doesn't work. It stopped at the
          > end of first file. Originally I expected a continous movie play by linking
          > different .swf files with loadMovieNum(). Now what I can only do is to name
          > folder in Alhabetic character or numbers. But this is not very convenient for
          > customers. They use Chinese folder name to archive those .swf files. I hear
          > that Chinese-version Flash 8 pro has solved this problem. But it is impossible
          > for me to buy another Flash. Are there any plugins or support files for this
          > trouble? Thanks.

This is really bad practice, using foreign language for naming conventions.
          I work with Chinese and Japanese content with many clients and the general rule
          for compatibility sake is to keep naming convention using regular alphabets.
          You only look for problems. No joke.

In regard to "Flash 8 solving problem". It's not as much in flash end as it is
          in the OS. If the os regional setting or language support or the OS language version
          has no Chinese support or it's not set to do that, the flash automatically fail
          regardless the flash version you use.

--
          Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
          http://www.Flashfugitive.com
          </urami>

<web junk free>
          http://www.firefox.com
          </web junk free>
          • 2. Help on swf linkage
            percy_xue Level 1

percy_xue wrote:
            > Hello, everyone,
            > I'm working on Chinese-version OS and using English-version Flash 8 pro. The
            > trouble is, when I put the output .exe and .swf file in a folder with Chinese
            > name, the linkage using loadMovieNum() command doesn't work. It stopped at the
            > end of first file. Originally I expected a continous movie play by linking
            > different .swf files with loadMovieNum(). Now what I can only do is to name
            > folder in Alhabetic character or numbers. But this is not very convenient for
            > customers. They use Chinese folder name to archive those .swf files. I hear
            > that Chinese-version Flash 8 pro has solved this problem. But it is impossible
            > for me to buy another Flash. Are there any plugins or support files for this
            > trouble? Thanks.

>This is really bad practice, using foreign language for naming conventions.

Actually for each .swf file I name them in alphabets all the way. What I mean above is that when all those .swf files are put into a folder with Chinese name(for example, to identify the project name), flash will lose linkage. According to my judgement, in this case flash can't find the right linkage file since from the root directory Chinese character blocked the path that English-version flash can recognize. This is right what I asked for solutions. (My recent workpieces demonstrate on Chinese-version OS for customers.)

>I work with Chinese and Japanese content with many clients and the general rule
            >for compatibility sake is to keep naming convention using regular alphabets.
            >You only look for problems. No joke.

>In regard to "Flash 8 solving problem". It's not as much in flash end as it is
            >in the OS. If the os regional setting or language support or the OS language version
            >has no Chinese support or it's not set to do that, the flash automatically fail
            >regardless the flash version you use.

--
            Regards

Urami

--

Happy New Year guys - all the best there is in the 2006 :)

<urami>
            http://www.Flashfugitive.com
            </urami>

<web junk free>
            http://www.firefox.com
            </web junk free>

folder