2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2006 10:29 AM by Khoramdin

Need Your Help with Loading SWF into another Flash Movie!

Khoramdin Level 1
      Hello,

I have created TWO Flash movies. They work just fine individually, but I get problem when I put one into another one!

The main Flash is a Menu and the second one if a Photo Album. The Menu is series of animation (Moving Objects) which finally comes into rest and create the menu. The photo album is another SWF file which is called with in the first Flash Movie (The Menu). The SWF file is loaded as follow into the Main Flash.

MovieClip.prototype.drawRect = function(x, y, w, h) {
      this.beginFill(0xFF0000, 100);
      this.moveTo(0, 0);
      this.lineTo(0+w, 0);
      this.lineTo(0+w, 0+h);
      this.lineTo(0, 0+h);
      this.lineTo(0, 0);
      this.endFill();
      this._x = x;
      this._y = y;
      };

this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc6", 6);
      mc6.lineStyle (3, 0x000000, 100);
      mc6.drawRect(-77, -17, 20, 20);
      mc6._xscale = 100;
      mc6._yscale = 100;
      loadMovie("photoAlbum.swf", mc6);

Problem arises when I click on the Play Button of the photoAlbum.swf (Photo Album) since the execution of the play button causes the Flash starts once again from the beginning of the entire Flash Movie (Beginning of the animation creating the menu) and it simply jumps into the Firm One of my Flash Movie.

Could you tell me how I can isulate what is in layer 6 (Where the photoAlbum is loaded to) from the rest of my Flash Movie?

I hope I managed to explain my problem. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers,

Babak