• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere crashes after 13.1.3 update

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm on Windows 10 with an NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 gfx card. After the 13.1.3 update today, Premiere and After Effects both crash at the startup screen. I've done a full wipe using the adobe cleaner too and reinstalled, full wipe of gfx driver and reinstalled, deleted all temp and cache files, and even spoken directly to adobe tech support, and there is apparently no solution to this. The most I got out of tech support is that they think it has to do with my gfx card or driver but they have no solution.

I'm on 10 hours straight trying to fix this and a day behind work. I've already googled it to death and tried every solution to this problem going back years. Nothing works. Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

We found the cause of the Premiere Pro 13.1.3 crash on launch when running on Windows.  We are currently testing a fix.  In the meantime, we are providing a work-around, which you can find here:

https://adobe.ly/2LY4cjx

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't simply roll back because the newest version you can roll back to is 13.0.3, which obviously cannot read my 13.1.2 project file. Adobe's only answer to that was that I can convert the project to 13.0.3 and lose all my color adjustments, transitions, and captions. Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2019 Jul 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issue here.  Wasn't aware there was an update.  Now it makes sense.  Need help!  Going to attempt to use 13.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Premiere Pro and After Effects are consistently crashing during start-up. I'm using a Geforce GTX 1660 Ti. I tried going back to version 13.03, in which Premiere Pro does start up, but then my current project file isn't compatible and won't load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reboot,

deinstall,

reboot,

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

reboot,

reinstall.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all this already, same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading the project file is not a solution because I will lose multicam sequences and color correction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have learned from past experience not to update Premiere until the User Forum does not show any problems with the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Michael+Stehly  wrote

I have learned from past experience not to update Premiere until the User Forum does not show any problems with the latest update?

No problems here: 13.1.3 has some major bugfixes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this problem is mainly affecting Nvidia users, and particularly the GTX 1060 series. Adobe where are you on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I avoid updates like the plague but the latest Creative Cloud app update seems to have set all my apps to auto-update by default. Very bad move on Adobe's part. This is a recurring problem for people going back many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you crash, do you get Adobe Crash Reporter interface come up asking you to submit crash report and logs?

If yes, have you submitted such crash reports?Did you include your name?

If crash reporter came up and you didn't send crash log, would you cause this crash and submit crash log?
Make sure to include your name, email, and check other boxes that provides additional info.
That helps us check the crash log and determine what is causing these crashes.

Also short description of the problem is always helpful.  Even if all it says is that it crashed during startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nariman+Sodeifi  wrote

When you crash, do you get Adobe Crash Reporter interface come up asking you to submit crash report and logs?

If yes, have you submitted such crash reports?Did you include your name?

If crash reporter came up and you didn't send crash log, would you cause this crash and submit crash log?
Make sure to include your name, email, and check other boxes that provides additional info.
That helps us check the crash log and determine what is causing these crashes.

Also short description of the problem is always helpful.  Even if all it says is that it crashed during startup.

I have sent several crash reports but did not include that info, so I'll do that now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great short-term solution would be to provide a download link for Premiere version 13.1.2. That's the version that my most recent project files are at, but you can only roll back to 13.0.3 in the CC app. If I could get back to 13.1.2 I'd be good to go for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A great short-term solution would be to provide a download link for Premiere version 13.1.2. That's the version that my most recent project files are at, but you can only roll back to 13.0.3 in the CC app. If I could get back to 13.1.2 I'd be good to go for now.

I'm looking into that option for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Love this idea. offer us a quick solution instead of spending hours of our work day going through forums trying to find solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the nvidia 1060!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing preferences? (Hold Alt+Shift while launching Premiere)
If you have plugins installed, try uninstalling those plugins.http://joshcluderay.com/downgrade-premiere-project-converter/

Also, use this to to downgrade your project and open it with older PP versions: Premiere Project Downgrader - Free prproj Version Convert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Knowing that it is not such a simple possibility I tell you because it is what I would at least do. Sometimes when you already have a lot of time with the same installation where you have installed and uninstalled many applications, copied, pasted, moved and deleted many files, among other things, it is a good idea to backup all files either in the cloud or on physical discs and give a complete and clean format to our system. There are things that get out of hand with respect to computer systems and they usually need a purge. It is not the first option to solve an issue but after reading the comments I think that what I say is just what you need. After formatting and updating all your drivers you do a clean installation of Premiere Pro and if your hardware and software are in good condition there is no reason why it does not work well.

Note: this is a suggestion and depends on you if you do it or not under your responsibility, or leave to a professional do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I literally received my current computer yesterday. I have updated the drivers to my graphics card and I had not opened After Effects on this computer before. I don't see why I need to be "purging" anything, but would rather see Adobe actually address this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem!! My Premiere crashes!!! Go to 13.1.4 NOW!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you run the System Compatibility Report from the Help menu, or if you see it at launch, then click on the "Save..." button to generate a text report which you can share?  Looking at the crash dump, it appears to be crashing in the Intel driver, so knowing the versions of your installed Nvidia and Intel drivers will be of great assistance.

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briwilli  wrote

Can you run the System Compatibility Report from the Help menu, or if you see it at launch, then click on the "Save..." button to generate a text report which you can share?  Looking at the crash dump, it appears to be crashing in the Intel driver, so knowing the versions of your installed Nvidia and Intel drivers will be of great assistance.

Thanks,

Brian

Which help menu? If you mean in Premiere, I can't get past the splash screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

coolguy8484  wrote

briwilli   wrote

Thanks,

Brian

Which help menu? If you mean in Premiere, I can't get past the splash screen.

I've also tried updating every Intel component driver and tried several different Nvidia drivers going back to December of last year. Same problem. Currently I'm using the latest Nvidia Studio driver version 430.86.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

briwilli  wrote

Thanks,

Brian

In reference to the system compatibility report screen, I googled to see which menu this was and I see that it's this screen:

System Compatibility Report Error. "UPDATED"

I only got that screen when I was testing older Nvidia drivers to see if any of them would work. I don't get this screen at at all on the latest driver. I get the normal splash screen, and then the lighter grey crash report screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines