• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open captions via Encoder STILL BROKEN in 13.1.3

Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

Which sucks. 

And really slows down productivity.

It's all entirely Adobe-related...I don't understand. Why can't the programmers fix this issue? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt,

• Just confirmed with Premiere 13.1.3 that it's still not possible to export a sequence with open captions using Encoder if there are any dynamically linked AE clips in the sequence you're trying to export.

I verified this bug. Really sorry about that. Can you also upvote or create a new bug report here? Premiere Pro: Hot (5419 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps  I found a workaround, however. Render and Replace any AE comps and your open captions will be exported.

I'll make sure the engineers know about the bug. I really appreciate you letting us know about that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I just updated to 13.1.5 and wouldn't you know it - it's still not possible to export open captions via AME when there's a dynamic link clip in the sequence being exported. Is Adobe simply not able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Update to PR 2019.1.5; AME same version; AE 2019.1.3.

I confirm that the AE dynamic link issue is still present. With an AE DL on the timeline, whether AME is set to "import sequence natively" or not, the AE part is present on export through AME, but captions set to burn in, are not present. You don't have to export very far: you can see the captions in the preview window (or not).

I think this is the best uservoice option for reporting:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911308-media-encoder/suggestions/33866155-adobe-media-encod...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines