• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI issues with audio waveforms displayed

Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having several issues with a multi-camera source timeline the past couple of days, and I have finally discovered the source of pretty much all the issues.

It's a performance bug in Premiere that cannot handle displaying many audio waveforms at once. Once I turn the audio waveform display off, the performance is very good. Still a little flickery, which has always been the case with CC, and which is something Adobe seems to have decided not important enough to ever address, but

that's for another day.

Things that are fixed by turning waveforms off:

• Dragging a clip works as expected. With waveforms displayed, you cannot see the clip as you are dragging it.
  • Dragging a selection rectangle is smooth
  • Scrubbing the playhead is smooth
  • The playhead no longer flickers when paused

Here's a video demonstration:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhyOTAuOwz3HmJV0EELCyvzBQfIYEQ?e=6sVra0

Adobe, please fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of things you can do:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

FAQ: How to clean media cache files |Adobe Community

Make new project and import old one.

Unless you already tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, yes. This is on a fresh installation, with no plugins, dedicated media cache SSD, and project imported into new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have exactly the same problems here. On Windows and OSX.

Indeed, when the audio waveforms are turned off, it works smoothly but it's really annoying to work without waveforms.

Please Adobe, fix this !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the newest update 13.1.5, this issue seems to have been resolved. It was the first thing I tested after updating, and the performance is now good. Things are still extremely flickery, but at least everything works as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to jump in and say I'm experiencing this, even after updating to 13.1.5 - and it's driving me a little insane! Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting all the preferences and workspaces....  then downloaded the saved settings from the cloud worked for me, Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Three years further, and they still didn't fix it. Sometimes you wonder, do they even test their own products. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines