1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2006 1:14 PM by Newsgroup_User

Tweening Pausing

Thatnickname Level 1
      I have a tweening animation that fades images in and that moves images from side to side. I want to block all user intervention whilst those animations are...well...animating. Because is someone clicks on the menu before the image has faded in, it will remain pale...in other words, the tweening stops at user interaction.

How am I to do that?
        • 1. Re: Tweening Pausing
          Level 7
          Thatnickname,

> I want to block all user intervention whilst those
          > animations are...well...animating.

Makes sense.

> How am I to do that?

Take a look at the properties, methods, and events under the pertinent
          class entry of the ActionScript 2.0 Language Reference. If your menu is
          made of button symbols, you'll want to look up the Button class. If your
          menu is made of movie clip symbols, you'll want to look up the MovieClip
          class. Classes define objects in ActionScript, and just about everything is
          an object. Objects feature up to three categories of functionality ...
          properties (characteristics they have), methods (things they can do), and
          events (things they can react to).

See if that gets you started. ;) Both movie clips and buttons, for
          example, have an enabled property. If you give each of these objects an
          instance name -- select your button or movie clip and look to the Property
          inspector -- you may specify each instance name in turn and set that
          instance's enabled property to false before the animation occurs -- then
          back to true when it's over.

http://www.quip.net/blog/2006/flash/actionscript-20/ojects-building-blocks

David Stiller
          Adobe Community Expert
          Dev blog, http://www.quip.net/blog/
          "Luck is the residue of good design."