7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2009 3:43 AM by brightbelt

will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?

katkat0511
      I have dreamweaver and Photoshop CS4. I am considering purchasing a mac. does anyone know if these programs will run on a Mac laptop?
        • 1. will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
          brightbelt Level 1
          I run PS CS3 and DW CS3 on a Macbook Pro laptop. But I imagine you may be asking about CS4 versions which you've already used/purchased for windows?

It depends upon what you purchased initially, but generally, Mac versions and PC versions of these programs are sold separately.

There have been win/mac versions done in the past via Macromedia, but I don't think Adobe does it that way presently.

If your purchase was recent enough, you may be able to speak to Adobe about an exchange for a Mac version, but don't hold me to that. It's just a thought.

• 2. Re: will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
            Level 7
            > There have been win/mac versions done in the past via Macromedia, but I
            > don't
            > think Adobe does it that way presently.

I don't recall any for DW. Which version? And Adobe definitely doesn't do
            it this way.

--
            Murray --- ICQ 71997575
            Adobe Community Expert
            (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
            ==================
            http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
            ==================

"brightbelt" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gklqva$8cj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >I run PS CS3 and DW CS3 on a Macbook Pro laptop. But I imagine you may be
            > asking about CS4 versions which you've already used/purchased for windows?
            >
            > It depends upon what you purchased initially, but generally, Mac versions
            > and
            > PC versions of these programs are sold separately.
            >
            > There have been win/mac versions done in the past via Macromedia, but I
            > don't
            > think Adobe does it that way presently.
            >
            > If your purchase was recent enough, you may be able to speak to Adobe
            > about an
            > exchange for a Mac version, but don't hold me to that. It's just an
            > thought.
            >
            >
            >

• 3. Re: will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
              Ben M Adobe Community Professional
              You will need to contact Adobe sales. There is such a thing as a cross-grade and there are fees associated with this. You will submit a letter of destruction to Adobe and then they will give you another serial and disc with the version for the Mac OS. Only Adobe sales will be able to give you the full details and costs.
              • 4. Re: will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
                DwFAQ Level 4
                katkat0511,

The answer to your question is yes the windoze version will run on a Mac with Parallels.
                • 5. Re: will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
                  brightbelt Level 1
                  quote:

I don't recall any for DW. Which version?

Macromedia Studio 8 was a win/mac Software CD and I know that MM Studio MX 2004 was cross-platform because I got a cross-platform upgrade to the Mac side through that series. Both included DW.

I merely referred indirectly to these Studio Series since they included DW and since KatKat mentioned 2 applications, he/she could be referring to a bundle possibly.
                  • 6. Re: will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
                    Level 7

>
                    quote:

I don't recall any for DW. Which version?

> Macromedia Studio 8 was a win/mac Software CD and I know that MM Studio MX
                    > 2004 was cross-platform

not sure about about that- but even if the disc contained both a mac and
                    wintel installer, the serial number range was different for the two
                    platforms. So a wintel serial sticker on the slipcover would not work for a
                    mac install AFAIK.

--
                    Alan
                    Adobe Community Expert, dreamweaver

http://www.adobe.com/communities/experts/

• 7. will the pc cs4 version run on a mac?
                      brightbelt Level 1
                      signed, Frank B.