4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2008 9:32 PM by pixlor

Does anyone know how to make this?

oli_hydrangia
      http://www.starkweatherbondy.com/work_over.html

I was told this is done in Fireworks. So I took an online Fireworks class but alas they didn't cover it! Has anyone made something like this before? Can you shed some lights? I looked all over but couldn't find a tutorial for it.

Please help!
        • 1. Re: Does anyone know how to make this?
          pixlor Level 4
          If you start with a standard image...say a photo (the example you have are drawings), then first you want to turn the image to greyscale.

Go to Filters > Adjust Color >Hue/Saturation and drag the Saturation slider (color intensity) all the way to the left.

The next step is to colorize the image. Go back to Filters > Adjust Color >Hue/Saturation.
          Click the checkbox next to Colorize
          Drag the Saturation slider to the right (the farther to the right, the more intense the color).
          Drag the Hue slider around till you get the color you want. At the left is 0 (red), moving through orange, yellow, green, blue to purple (360).
          Lightness sets the brightness of the image.

Once you get the settings you like, make note of the Hue, Saturation, and Lightness values. Then, to process a set of images, turn them all to greyscale, then apply the same HSL values to them.

Depending on the image, you might want to adjust the brightness or contrast before colorizing, though.
          • 2. Re: Does anyone know how to make this?
            pixlor Level 4
            Oh...sorry! The rollover.

I looked at the code and it's fairly complex. Start Fireworks and go to the Fireworks help. Look up rollover and try the instructions for a simple rollover. Then look up navigation bar and try the instructions for that.
            • 3. Re: Does anyone know how to make this?
              oli_hydrangia Level 1
              Thanks pixlor!

I think I got the rollover working now. If I write some text next to the image, I will be able to see it when rollovers as long as the slide I make covers the text area.

What I don't understand is how do they make the text so far away from the image and yet they show up at 2 different places at once. Hide and show? I guess it's not done easily. :)
              • 4. Re: Does anyone know how to make this?
                pixlor Level 4
                Hey, that's great! :)

The part about changing the image over THERE when you put your mouse HERE is called a disjoint rollover. You should be able to find that in the help, as well.

Keep at it!