1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 22, 2006 1:17 AM by Newsgroup_User

on/off music Button

cgjyrjkll
      Hi,
      I am fairly new to flash and am having a prob with my site. I am trying to include music with an on/off button. I have 5 pages, all except for the galleries page fit within the main page so all the buttons can still be seen. On my galleries page I have a button called home which takes you back to the main page. When I do this the music restarts and plays over the top of the other music. Is there a way of stopping this music from restarting when I load the main page again? At the moment what I had to do was make a second main page, which I load from the home button on the galleries page, which has no on/off button. This works as the music doesnt load twice but then that main page has no on/off button until another page has been pressed. This ends up looking a little weird. Can anyone help me???
        • 1. Re: on/off music Button
          Level 7

cgjyrjkll wrote:
          > Hi,
          > I am fairly new to flash and am having a prob with my site. I am trying to
          > include music with an on/off button. I have 5 pages, all except for the
          > galleries page fit within the main page so all the buttons can still be seen.
          > On my galleries page I have a button called home which takes you back to the
          > main page. When I do this the music restarts and plays over the top of the
          > other music. Is there a way of stopping this music from restarting when I load
          > the main page again? At the moment what I had to do was make a second main
          > page, which I load from the home button on the galleries page, which has no
          > on/off button. This works as the music doesnt load twice but then that main
          > page has no on/off button until another page has been pressed. This ends up
          > looking a little weird. Can anyone help me???

you simply can't reenter the same frame. Naturally flash will trigger whatever
          whatever content is on that frame and run it over and over again.
          You need to design the movie in such way to avoid that kind of collisions.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>