2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2006 7:08 PM by Newsgroup_User

wmv problems

shadodwlr
      not quite sure why this is doing this, but I bring any of the three wmv files that I've created using windows media encoder into my current director project and when I play back, it begins to play, but about midway through playback whipes completely to a green screen. I have a suspicion after hopping around on this forum that the problem might have to do with my Nvidia card, but I'm not for sure. Anyone with any solutions out there for this please get back to me asap

shadodwlr@hotmail.com
        • 1. Re: wmv problems
          shadodwlr Level 1
          okay... gonna take this weirdness to the next level. as an experiment I created a projector anyway and burned it to cd. I then brought the cd to both my spare pc and my girlfriends computer and they both played fine. funny thing is they are both infirior computers by comparrison to my own so now I have to ask... why is this doing this?!!!!
          • 2. Re: wmv problems
            Level 7
            Have you checked to make sure you have the latest drivers for your card? You
            might check the website. Also, do the videos play normally in other players?

For the most part, I've found the wmv implementation in Director to be
            unreliable.

TR

"shadodwlr" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:ecigpa$2qs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > okay... gonna take this weirdness to the next level. as an experiment I
            > created a projector anyway and burned it to cd. I then brought the cd to
            > both
            > my spare pc and my girlfriends computer and they both played fine. funny
            > thing
            > is they are both infirior computers by comparrison to my own so now I have
            > to
            > ask... why is this doing this?!!!!
            >