3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2006 7:22 AM by Peter Grainge

Add Search Tab

tojo45 Level 1
      I am trying to add the search tab. The Window option boxes are selected as per the Help. There is already an Index and Contents. But the search tab will not display. A co-worker advises her experience is that if you don't add at the beginning of the project, you cannot add it later. Is this true, or is there a workaround?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Joe
        • 1. Re: Add Search Tab
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          If your output is webhelp, there is a check box in the second page of the wizard.

If you output is compiled help (CHM), then look at the Window properties. There should be a check box there for the search tab. If you don't see one, make sure that HTML help is set as your primary output and then create a new window. The properties of that will have one.

You can switch it on and off any time you like.

• 2. Re: Add Search Tab
            tojo45 Level 1
            Peter, Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry for not providing better info. This is for a chm file. Per the RH Help I selected the Search check box in the Windows properties, but it does not display the Search tab when compiled. There is already an Index and Contents. I tried creating a new window but nothing changed.

Joe
            • 3. Re: Add Search Tab
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              Create a new project with CHM as the primary output and just a couple of topics. Make sure Search is checked and see if that behaves.