3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2006 9:05 AM by VinceClortho

symbol stage is not centered

satchmo33
      Just starting, forgive the question, but when I select to make a movie clip, and enter the movie clip, the stage is huge and when I zoom out it stays in the upper left hand corner. I cannot move it to the middle. any help will be appriciated
        • 1. Re: symbol stage is not centered
          html_in_flash
          If you could be more clear with the problem, I would appreciate it. However, I think I know what your problem is. When you create a new symbol (or edit one from the library), the stage disappears because you're not editing on the stage anymore. To edit on the stage, drag a symbol from the library onto the stage, or convert a shape into a symbol on the stage and work from there.

I hope I answered your question. If not, please give more details about the problem ;)
          • 2. Re: symbol stage is not centered
            Rafiq Elmansy, AEL, ACP Level 2
            By entering the symbol editing mode, you enter to the symbol stage, which is different than your document main stage, and it has a different center point. So, if you want to center your symbol in the main stage, put your symbol on the stage and use the Align panel to center your symbol (make sure you select To Stage in the align panel).

Hope this helps
            • 3. Re: symbol stage is not centered
              VinceClortho
              But what if you want to center elements on the symbol stage?

I have a symbol made up of several elements, and having the centerpoint in the upper left corner does me no good at all. Is there a way to change that center point?