3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2006 8:38 PM by Rothrock

Big Problem

LSNsaltlamp Level 1
      I've just finished doing a fair amount of actionscript on a site and when I published it and FTPed it to the web it acts completly different. What could cause this? It works perfectly on my computer and then half of it doesn't work online.
        • 1. Re: Big Problem
          Level 7
          what does "different" mean? There is no context or comparison - but the only thing i can think of is
          player version conflict. you probably published to a version of the player your browser does not
          have installed.

--> **Adobe Certified Expert**
          --> www.mudbubble.com
          --> www.keyframer.com

LSNsaltlamp wrote:
          > I've just finished doing a fair amount of actionscript on a site and when I
          > published it and FTPed it to the web it acts completly different. What could
          > cause this? It works perfectly on my computer and then half of it doesn't work
          > online.
          >
          • 2. Re: Big Problem
            LSNsaltlamp Level 1
            i finally tracked it down to this. instead of
            if (loadedZ == loadedT) {
            i needed
            if (loadedZ == loadedT && loadedZ>200) {

I still can't figure out why this works differently on my local machine than it did online. I even used the download speed simulation.
            • 3. Re: Big Problem
              Rothrock Level 5
              In certain browsers, with certain versions of the player, from certain types of servers, with a specific phase of the moon…

You will get a getBytesLoaded and getBytesTotal that will both be either zero or possibly -1 for a frame or so. So in that case they would both be equal, but not necessarily the values that you are really testing for.

As an additional tip, you might want to use this instead:

loadedZ == loadedT && myClip._width > 0

That is because under certain other instances you will get a true, but you still won't be able to manipulate the loaded content.

Or of course if you are publishing for Flash 7 or higher you could use the MovieClipLoader class and the onLoadInit event handler. Then it wouldn't matter. :)

And as Chris said, it really would help if you gave us a little to go on.